Skip to main content
Topic: Quartzite Revisited (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Quartzite Revisited
Yahoo Message Number: 126037
Last year, we had about 10 LDers form up for a group camp at Quartzite.  We were there for around two weeks and included the "Big Tent RV Show".  This year the Big Tent is scheduled for Jan. 21st thru Jan 29th.  (Quartzitervshow.com)  Most of us got there a few days to a week early and stayed for two weeks (some more some less).  ($40 camp permit).  We had a great time shopping the various flea markets, gem & mineral shows, carnival food, etc.  We had some great campfires and shared food.  The spot we had was dispersed dry camping at its finest. You can actually walk (ΒΌ mile?) to the Big Tent, or sneak up and park right next door. There is access to a dump station, water and trash.  There was quite a lot of interest in another Quartzite campout at Balloon Fiesta and I was sort of elected the "King of Quartzite" for this trip.  Due to the size of the anticipated group, we will probably be camping next door to the site we had last year that was graciously shared by Jerry "Budster".   Somewhere in the next few weeks, I will make a reconnaissance run to be sure the site is suitable and take a GPS fix.  I will also get up to the date camping information.  If you are interested in joining us, please email me direct and I will add your name to my mailing list for a later bulletin that will have more information.

Re: Quartzite Revisited
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 126457
Hi Roger,

Not sure if I contacted you before to add my name and Charlie’s to your mailing list. Still not sure if we can make it but tempting. Thanks!

Marti Verkuilen  

Charlie Tiebout
Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle