Skip to main content
Topic: Anna L. Groover Aug 29, 1920-Oct. 1, 2011 (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Anna L. Groover Aug 29, 1920-Oct. 1, 2011
Yahoo Message Number: 125702
It is with the saddest heart and deepest hurt that I must say goodbye to my Mother. I know some of you were aware i had divorced, and given up my fulltiming travels  to go to AZ. to buy a home so i could take her in to live with me, as her physical needs had grown to the point she could  not longer live alone.
 We had four really good months to share, and just celebrated her 91st Birthday on the 29th of Aug., surrounded by all her loving family--children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and close friends..truly  a party!

She fell on the 22nd of Sept, and broke her hip. What followed was the hardest nine days I've ever had to endure. I am outraged that we cannot show the same humanity to our beloved humans that we accord our dear animal companions. She was forced to ultimately drown in her own fluids. She was medicated, and felt [I hope] little pain, but that she suffered is beyond argument. The current protical followed BY LAW said we could not assist her to leave before that final indignity and needless horror. I intend to look  into advocacy of any type to do what i can to try and change this.

My birthday went unnoticed, and this is the first time I've been on line since that tragic first day. I wanted to thank all who remembered and wished me a happy Birthday....it was touching to find the messages, and I surely needed a little warmth right now. Thank you all again.

Thank God for Junah...she has held me together [don't they always??]... hug your family while you can.

Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "CHERRYOTTE" our litte red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Re: Anna L. Groover Aug 29, 1920-Oct. 1, 2011
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 125710
My deepest sympathy goes out to you, Gini.  I know, from personal experience, how hard it is to lose your parents, especially your mother.

John and Linda Presently at Balloon Fiesta

__

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 125719
At 02:04 PM 10/3/2011, you wrote:

It is with the saddest heart and deepest hurt that I must say goodbye to my Mother.
Gini, please accept my deepest condolences. My own parents are 90 and 91, and I  treasure them as I am sure you treasured your mother. I'm so glad you had at least those last four months with her! Sending healing energy your way...

Sonsie

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 125724
Gini,
 Condolences from the Smeall Family of WA State.  Any loss of a loved one is painful to bear, but that you had to witness, what we all hope, was a fairly painless departure from life to death, is no doubt a torment to the soul.
 Yes, thank goodness for Junah, and remember that the LD family is here to talk to anytime.

Regards, Donna and Jim of Lazy Daizy 1997 RB 26.5' LD Vaughn, WA

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 125742
I am so sorry .  It is so hard to loose someone you love.
God Bless,

Betty Jean