Skip to main content
Topic: RV/MH Hall of Fame (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
RV/MH Hall of Fame
Yahoo Message Number: 125560
Jag and I are traveling through Indiana and as we passed through Elkhart, lo and behold, there was the RV/MH Hall of Fame!!!  I didn't know such an institution existed.  We were unable to get off the tollway to check it out.

Has anyone visited this place.  Here is the URL:
 http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/halloffame.cfm

I hope that works.  I did not find any of the Newtons or Lazy Daze listed on the website.
 By the way, Jag and I just bought a new tent.  He refuses to camp any other way, so that ends the dreams of this wannabe.  I will continue to lurk and, perhaps, comment on the rare subject I know fairly well (Grand Canyon, Yosemite ...).  Have fun.

Roz the Wannabe

Re: RV/MH Hall of Fame
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 125567
The model T RV itself is worth the visit. The displays are well done. I expected more units to be displayed. The model T is creatively done and certainly would have been noteworthy at the time considering the power they had to work with.
Harry
Harry 2006RB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 125576
We visited a couple of months ago and found it a real treat. I'm not sure I'd go too far out of my way but if you are in the area, do visit. Also, while in the area, go by Notre Dame. It is also a neat place to visit.

Bob SE 5

__

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 125581
We visited the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart about six weeks ago  on our way from our home in an LA suburb to family & foliage in NH, and  would certainly agree with Mr. Bawcom's comments.  We also did not see any  references to the Newtons or Lazy Daze.  If you go, don't miss the coach  one of the movie studios created for Mae West to entice her to leave New York  for Hollywood, and the RV designed to look like an observation car on a train,  which certainly pleased both me and my railfan husband.  They also  have the world's shortest Air Stream (another brand which has a large cult  following).

Pat Brunette 30' LD IB, Piscataqua River, currently  parked in a family driveway about 10 miles from her namesake Piscataqua  River in NH

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 125583
I am also considering a V8.
Wonder what the gas mileage difference would be, if you are not towing anything and the terrain is almost flat? Like traveling Interstate 5 in CA.

My gas is still around 3.80/ gal.
Plus, I am not a  not a "hot rod"  kinda  guy      and  can afford the slow lane?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 125601
Steve, I-5 in California has flat, hilly & mountainous.  Just depends on where you are going.
IE: Los Angeles to Bakersfield, I believe the altitude goes up to 4000ft. then it levels out until Redding, CA you then get into the Siskiyou Mountains if you are travelling on into Oregon; prior to that you will be in the mountains.  Going down the I-5 into Ashland, OR is a long downgrade.  I travel this route frequently with no problems but I do have the V-10 with a Banks kit. I get around 8 -9 mpg whether I am towing or not with the V-10.  Hope this helps.

Betty Jean

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 125628
Hi, Roz,
 We stopped there about three weeks ago on our way west to Yellowstone - neat place, and they let you spend the night