Skip to main content
Topic: Yahoo West GTG March 10-13, 2011 Morro Bay State Park - Reserv (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Yahoo West GTG March 10-13, 2011 Morro Bay State Park - Reserv
Yahoo Message Number: 119380
Hey Larry,

we finally decided that we might want to meet up with everybody at Morro Bay, but it looks like all the 35 foot sites are gone.  I'm not sure if we'd fit in a 25, so maybe you could do me a favor?  If anyone with a 35 foot spot cancels, let me know?

We'd love to meet up with everyone

Kate
 http://cholulared.blogspot.com http://www.cholulared.com

Living somewhere near the corner of no and where

Re: Yahoo West GTG March 10-13, 2011 Morro Bay State Park - Reserv
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 119394
Kate Klein  wrote: we finally decided that we might want to meet up with everybody at Morro Bay, but it looks like all the 35 foot sites are gone.
--- Sites numbered 53, 67, 69, and 106 show as available on the RA website for March 10-12, and the permitted vehicle is 35'.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 119407
"Sites numbered 53, 67, 69, and 106 show as available on the RA website for March 10-12, and the permitted vehicle is 35"

Joan, I missed 106 (but just grabbed it, Thanks).
 I passed on the others as we really wanted to be in the same loop as everyone else.
 We've never been to that park, so we weren't sure how far away the other sites are.

Kate
 http://cholulared.blogspot.com

On the outskirts of Loony-Land heading towards the center of town

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 119409
"We've never been to that park, so we weren't sure how far away the other sites are."

Kate
 Glad to see that you and Terry will be attending the GTG. It has been a long time since we have seen the two of you.
If you have to be in California, there is no better place than Morro Bay IMO.
We now have 25 confirmed attendees.

See you there.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 119426
"Glad to see that you and Terry will be attending the GTG. It has been a long time since we have seen the two of you. "
 We're looking forward to seeing everybody again also.  I'm hoping there will be some of the newer models, we haven't seen a lot of them.

Kate
 http://cholulared.blogspot.com http://www.cholulared.com

"I love that part about RVing, the quick changes, the variety, and then the nesty safety of it all" Sue Malone

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 119427
"Kate K"  wrote: We're looking forward to seeing everybody again also.  I'm hoping there will be some of the newer models, we haven't seen a lot of them.
--- Sorry, Kate, but I think "everybody" is pretty much "older" models! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 119439

We're looking forward to seeing everybody again also.  I'm hoping there will be some of the newer models, we haven't seen a lot of them.

Kate
Kate, Ron and I plan to be there with our December 13th, 2010 MB.
Mary Trbbett

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 119452
"Ron and I plan to be there with our December 13th, 2010 MB.
Mary Trbbett"
 Wow, haven't seen you guys in ages, looking forward to seeing you and the new rig.

Kate http://cholulared.blogspot.com http://www.cholulared.com

Frankly, I am well into the second phase of life when one begins to enjoy getting rid of all the stuff one enjoyed accumulating in phase one.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 119467
Does anyone know if pets are allowed as long as they are on a lease?  I tried calling the park but got no response.  Anyone planning on bringing their pet?

Gary

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 119468
Gary,
 We signed on late and are not in the preferred loop, but we are bringing our 2 dogs. Everything I have read about the park states that pets are okay on leash and not allowed "on the beach." Most CA state parks allow pets, in our experience, though on leash.

Joanie Michaelson and Rod Michaelson Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Yahoo West GTG March 10-13, 2011 Morro Bay State Park - Prefer
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 119471
Gary,  We signed on late and are not in the preferred loop, but we are bringing our 2 dogs. Everything I have read about the park states that pets are okay on leash and not allowed "on the beach." Most CA state parks allow pets, in our experience, though on leash.

Joanie Michaelson and Rod Michaelson Walnut Creek, CA
Dear Joanie,

Thank you for the information. I have not signed up as yet but plan on doing so but I wanted to ask about our dog.  What is the preferred loop?  Which loop are you in?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 119472
I'm bringing my Miniature Schnauzer

Jerry
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 119476
"Jake"  wrote: I have not signed up as yet but plan on doing so but I wanted to ask about our dog.
--- This is a *general* statement about pets in California state parks:
 http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=21305

AFAIK, Morro Bay State Park goes by the same "standard dog rules" as most other state parks (and a lot of other places) in California, i.e., the dogs are on a (maximum) 6' leash, they're not taken on trails, beaches, or anywhere else which are marked with a "no dogs" icon, and the owner *cleans up after them*.
 Many of us travel with pets; it's pretty rare to have a "petless" gathering of RVers.
 BTW, this website can be very helpful in finding out where your pets are welcome:

http://www.dogfriendly.com/
 In the past year or so, the website has become super-cluttered with ads (like most other websites) but there is still plenty of good information for pet owners all over the U.S.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 119477
The preferred loop mentioned earlier was 86 to 102, but those were gone except for 25 footers, and not knowing if that is a strict 25 foot, we got another 35 foot outside of the range (no others of that size were available

Re: Yahoo West GTG March 10-13
Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 119481
Folks, I know it's a little late to mention it, but all these "We've booked site #XX" messages would really be better handled in private emails.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 119483
On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:59 AM, Andy Baird wrote:

Folks, I know it's a little late to mention it, but all these "We've booked site #XX" messages would really be better handled in private emails.

Ah shucks Andy.......It's fun to know who's going to be there!  Maybe even you would enjoy some California Spring and merriment on the coast.  How 'bout it?

Lorna Santa Cruz
2003 RB

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 119485
"Folks, I know it's a little late to mention it, but all these "We've booked site #XX" messages would really be better handled in private emails.
 Feel free to contact me directly if you are coming or have questions.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 119486
Thanks Lorna,
 I agree! If it were not for all the posts, I wouldn't have convinced myself to take 2 days off work for this trip.

BTW Nice double LD sighting
Lydia.
Current: 2020 JLUR w 15’ Squaredrop
Former: 2006 30IB Anniversary Edition

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 119487
Some of us are just plain green with envy ;-( You lefties just like to rub salt in the wounds of us poor snow covered righties!

Karen - 11 days 'til departure, but who's counting!

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 119488
"I agree! If it were not for all the posts, I wouldn't have convinced myself to take 2 days off work for this trip."

Lydia
 It's a double edge sword. The topic does jam up the site with a topic many are not interested in but so are the toaster and coffee maker topics.
The purpose of our GTGs is to provided an opportunity for the members of this forum to meet in person and get to know each other better.
Some of our best friends are the results of these GTGs.
The only way to advertise the GTGs is on this forum

Hope to meet even more of you in March at Morro Bay.

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 119489
Hi Larry,

I am planning on coming to the get-together with my wife and golden doodle in our 1993 26.5 ft RB LD.  We won't arrive until dark because we are still working and will be traveling from So. Cal.  Our plan is to buy a new LD when we get closer to retirement.  I am the second owner of this LD after purchasing it from the original owner in 2007.  We are looking forward to meeting fellow LD owners.

Gary & Karen

Emma, the golden doodle

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 119490
Larry:
 I forgot to confirm we are also attending!  We are booked in Site #117, arriving on Thursday.  It will be great to see everyone again, this is one gathering we look forward to every year!  See you all in Morro Bay!

Linda and Mando #26 confirmed???

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 119491
"Some of our best friends are the results of these GTGs. The only way to advertise the GTGs is on this forum"
 Oh, I agree! Announcements of Lazy Daze-related events are always welcome. I'm just thinking that replies--you know, confirmations, or inquiries about what sites are available--don't really need to be posted here. That kind of administrivia stuff should probably be emailed directly to the event's organizer.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"