Skip to main content
Topic: Toastation Thank you (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
Toastation Thank you
Yahoo Message Number: 119248
Andy and all, thanks for the recommendation on the Toastation. After reading all your positive press, I bought one at Buy.com's sale price; it just came in yesterday. While I haven't used it yet, I am very impressed with it's look and technology. Anytime I can have one device do two or more functions, it goes high on my list for the RV.

Again, very impressed, and thank you!

Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Re: Toastation Thank you
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 119269
Not sure when or how I pissed in your boots; personally, i believe that remark to be uncalled for and a severe overreaction to a simple thank you. If you don't like what you read, delete it.

Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Re: Toastation thank you
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 119275
Hey, let's relax, folks. It's true that we've had a number of posts on this topic, but that's because a lot of people were interested in a toaster oven/toaster small enough to fit in an RV's limited counter space, yet big enough to be useful. Witness that fact that I personally know of at least 15 Toastations purchased in the two weeks since this topic came up. I'm certainly not going to shut down an RVing-related discussion that's of interest to so many people. If you're bored with the topic, just skip the messages. :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 119276
Sorry to everybody bout my post, but in all honesty, it was meant in humor.
Truly, so much is lost in translation.  Was just trying to have a laugh.
"Peace."

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 119277
Sorry to everybody bout my post, but in all honesty, it was meant in humor.
Truly, so much is lost in translation.  Was just trying to have a laugh.
"Peace."
Peace it shall be!

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 119280
"...I personally know of at least 15 Toastations purchased in the two weeks since..."

Andy Baird
Make that 16 Andy!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 119281
Make that 17 Andy..think we started this topice in response to Andy's
post & pix..Now where do we purchase the silicone rubber baking sheet?

Gene

"...I personally know of at least 15 Toastations purchased in the two weeks since..."

Andy Baird

Make that 16 Andy!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 119282
Hey, let's relax, folks.
=================

Amen, Andy!
 Isn't it interesting to notice how much stress and lack of peace we create for ourselves just by thinking someone or something should be different?

Chuck - Bellevue, WA

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 119285

Andy Baird
Make that 16 Andy!

Steve S.
 #17 Using in the house as a more versatile substitution for our antique toaster until we hit the road.
John & Patti Golden, Co (Where winter finally arrived yesterday with a vengance)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 119287
I would have made 17 but I haven't moved into my rig yet and it seems easier to get one when I'm already moved in...

Andrea E

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 119288
"Now where do we purchase the silicone rubber baking sheet?"

Here's one place:

http://tinyurl.com/294kd5q
 By the way, I've added a writeup on the Toastation to the Kitchen page of my "Improving Gertie" hints and tips website:
 http://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/improv_kitchen.htm#toastation

Andy Baird

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 119289
The original silicon sheet is the Silpat http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_19?url=search-alias%3Dgarden
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_19?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field -keywords=silpat+baking+sheet&sprefix=silpat+baking+sheet> &field-keywords=silpat+baking+sheet&sprefix=silpat+baking+sheet  We have several of them.  For making brittle especially, they are just indispensible.

Dick
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 119302
I know everyone is excited about their new toastation.  What I don't really understand is why people don't just make toast in the oven.  We always have propane, so when we are boondocking instead of running the generator, I fix the toast in the oven.  That's what I do at home and have since we married 41 years ago.  Also it leaves our very limited counter top clear.

Dorothy Malpas
Koko - Hoover, AL

#2981, SE 21, SC 54, NW 56
2007 MB

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 119303
I would like to have a toaster oven and I use the one a lot that's in our sticks and bricks home, but we'll just not have the room in 24ft Gracie. We just warm up the cast iron skillet, butter the bread, and put it in there with the lid on. Doesn't take much time, I can wipe the crumbs and butter out without big scrubbing, and the cast iron skillet has other uses too, on the stove top or in the oven.
Denise

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 119306
"What I don't really understand is why people don't just make toast in the oven."
 That's a good solution, in that it requires no extra equipment and no electricity. On the other hand, if you have electric hookups--which I do in the colder winter and hotter summer months--a toaster oven is quicker, more convenient (no need to crouch on your hands and knees and light the oven), and uses no propane, so you can go longer between trips to fill up. In short, it's all a question of your situation.

Andy Baird

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 119307
"What I don't really understand is why people don't just make toast in the oven."
 That's a good solution, in that it requires no extra equipment and no electricity. On the other hand, if you have electric hookups--which I do in the colder winter and hotter summer months--a toaster oven is quicker, more convenient (no need to crouch on your hands and knees and light the oven), and uses no propane, so you can go longer between trips to fill up. In short, it's all a question of your situation.

OK, this beast is not dead yet.  We have never had a toaster oven and my wife recently bought a Black & Decker Toast-R-Oven  mainly because of its low sale price and good reviews.  No bargain should go unpurchased at our house.  We have eliminated our home toaster and now use this little guy for many things we used to use the oven for, thus saving some electricity by not firing up a large electric oven.  We definitely will take it in the LD when we travel thus replacing the toaster and limiting the use of the oven.

Happy New Year to the best group of RVers anywhere!

Chris Horst 2002 30'IB Arvada, CO
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 119310
"We just warm up the cast iron skillet..."

Dorothy Malpas
WOW! Cast iron in a Lazy Daze, what a novel idea?  ;>}

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 119315
For a very compact, lightweight, cheep Toaster, perfect for Rving, goto Google and type in, coleman camp stove toaster

Happy New Year LD'ers Ken

coleman camp stove toaster
Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 119317
Wow! That looks like it will work sitting on a burner on the stove. Yes? GP

licensed Antique LD driver 20' 1984 RD

__ ....not all who wander are lost.

__

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 119319
Yes that's what its made for, any stove. Weighs ounce's, folds flat, perfect for our Ld's. And did I say cost abt $5, and I think you might find it at Wal-Mart.
And if it burns your toast it's your fault :/ Ken

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 119320
That's the one we use, the only trouble with it is that it almost always sets off the smoke alarm, even when we don't burn the toast.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

Rich Gort - 2000 MB
Former 2000 MB- Now Bullet Crossfire 1800RB trailer pulled by a Chevy 2500HD

Re: Toastation feet
Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 119321
I ran into a problem with my Toastation this afternoon after a long drive: one of the feet fell off. Turns out they're held on by sheet metal screws, and the screw had loosened up from vibration during the drive. While examining it, I noticed that another foot was starting to come loose... and my friends Judie & Gary told me that one of the feet fell off their Toastation while they were traveling awhile back.
 Fortunately, each foot has a rubber plug that prevents the screw from being lost, even if it loosens completely. I took out all four rubber plugs, removed all four feet, and reinstalled them after dabbing Loctite on the ends of the screws. Hopefully that'll keep them from loosening again. Just thought you ought to know... it's something to watch out for.

Andy Baird  'lifewithalazydazervandatoastation' ;-)
Andy Baird