Skip to main content
Topic: Sealand toilet replacement question (Read 19 times) previous topic - next topic
Sealand toilet replacement question
Yahoo Message Number: 118305
RE: 2000 26.5' MB

Hi All,
 I want to replace my Sealand 511 toilet with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II.  I picked the Style II because its the lowest price full size toilet seat (I'm a big guy).  I am open to other suggestions on the Thetford.  I came to the conclusion of replacement instead of repair after reading a lot of horror stories about the Sealand toilet and its constant problems.  I do have 2 CONFIRMED separate leaks, one at the floor flange and the other from the bowl seal area.  I believe the floor flange leak was probably caused by the flange nuts not being tight enough.  They were barely finger tight.  I have removed the old Sealand toilet and I am wondering what to do next.
 My question is regarding the 4 bolt pattern of the Sealand toilet floor flange versus the 2 bolt pattern of the Thetford.  The 4 bolt pattern is turned so that the 2 bolt pattern won't position the Thetford in a forward facing position.  The floor flange screw heads are rusted and will not turn.  Is there a conversion flange (not likely) or are there any simple alternatives to what I do next? ? ? ?

Thanks, Bob K.
Owner since Aug 2010
2000 MB

Re: Sealand toilet replacement question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 118308
The Thetford replacement chart ( http://tiny.cc/cerbc )shows the Style II as a direct replacement.
I would call Thetford Corporation Customer Service Department
1-800-543-1219 and ask how that works.

__

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 118330
Thetford customer service sent me the following email.
 "Good afternoon.  You can replace this with a Bravura which has the 4 bolt pattern.  Thank you

Consumer Service Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc"
 Sadly this is not the answer I was looking for so I am back to my original question, is there a simple way to replace the Sealand 511 with the Thetford Aqua Magic Style II???  The Thetford Aqua Magic Style II is china and has a larger seat (I'm still a big guy).

See original email below for more details.

Thanks, Bob K.
Owner since Aug 2010 Lurking
2000 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 118333

"Sadly this is not the answer I was looking for so I am back to my original question, is there a simple way to replace the Sealand 511 with... (I'm still a big guy)."

Thanks, Bob K.
Owner since Aug 2010
Bob
 Unless there is a pressing need to replace the toilet why not just change the seat. That's what I did [hated the old one] and now I've got plenty of room for my oversize backside.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!