Skip to main content
Topic: twin king rear table (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic
twin king rear table
Yahoo Message Number: 118256
Has anyone reduced the size/remounted their twin king table to allow it to swing down/up instead of just up?
 With regard to the mount, I have always worried a little that the table would probably crash into the driver area in a front crash. Maybe also items from the upper rear shelf would become missiles.  Anyone remount their table for more strength?

Regards, TS

Re: twin king rear table
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 118258
wrote: With regard to the mount, I have always worried a little that the table would probably crash into the driver area in a front crash.
--- I think that scenario would be very unlikely, but when my TK is moving, the table is up and fastened into place.

Maybe also items from the upper rear shelf would become missiles.
--- "Quake Hold" or a similar product keeps objects in place on shelves, but it's a good idea to keep anything heavy or breakable in places where they're more contained.

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 118259
Has anyone reduced the size/remounted their twin king table to allow it to swing down/up instead of just up?

Regards, TS
TS
 On my 30'IB with the optional slide out dinnette, the table pulled loose from the wall several times. Never having had the need to fold it up, I had Tim Pease remove the hinge and anchor the table to the wall using a length of right angle aluminum stock. Now it doesn't move, up, down or sideways.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 118262
"when my TK is moving, the table is up and fastened into place."
 On my '85 twin/king, I had remounted the table so that it could be hinged up (as in modern LDs). But I never drove with it that way. I had a Fresnel wide-angle lens on the rear window, and I looked out that window quite often while driving. Flipping up the table would have blocked my view.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 118286

Regards, TS
Yes, I glued up a series of different exotic hardwoods to create a slightly smaller table; put a hinged foot on it; and remounted the table-addition locks so the "base table" could be extended.  I used small sliding-bolt door fasteners on each edge of the base table (which slide into holes on the table edge) to both fasten it to the wall and hinge the table down.  To remove the table we just slide the bolts outward.  Works great.  Write me an email (to ) and I'll send you pics or information if you want.  John Boles

LD Factory tour youtube video
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 118289
While Charlie and I were at the factory Nov. 4th he took a short video which turned out pretty good. Here is a link to his youtube video if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9kZ2NOah0

It ends up inside the midbath floor model with me sitting on a rear couch which has the upholstery pattern we chose and our new manual in my hands! If you look under 'statstebo' you can see a few other Lazy Daze videos he has posted from a few of the Northwest GTG's (get-togethers). Enjoy!

Marti in Seattle

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle

Re: LD Factory tour youtube video
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 118291
"Marti"  wrote: While Charlie and I were at the factory Nov. 4th he took a short video ...
-- Looks very nice; maybe I'll get a new one! :-)
 All the showroom models appeared to have the new paint job; did it seem to you that LD was "pushing" this choice? Is the "classic" paint pattern still the better seller?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 118292
Actually there was no 'pushing' on anything whether paint scheme or options or floor plan. A very relaxing and no pressure sales experience. I do think they are selling more of the modern paint scheme now. We only saw one 'classic' painted rig on the floor. We like the new paint scheme so the blue midbath in modern paint is what we chose. On the showroom floor there was the blue midbath, a red twin king, green rear bath and a gray front dinette.
Didn't see any tan colored rigs or any 31 footers.

Marti in Seattle

"Marti"  wrote: While Charlie and I were at the factory Nov. 4th he took a short video ...
-- Looks very nice; maybe I'll get a new one! :-)  All the showroom models appeared to have the new paint job; did it seem to you that LD was "pushing" this choice? Is the "classic" paint pattern still the better seller?

Joan

http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=5371349/grpspId=1705126185/msgId =118291/stime=1289939132/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 118293
Thanks for the memories.  I have been visiting the LD factory for over 40 years.  What amazes me is that it is just like visiting grandma.  Nothing (except the models) ever changes!  Even that little bulletin board is in the same place it was when we ordered our 1975 LD.  Of course they did magically change cities from Pomona to Montclair, but that doesn't count.  J

Dick

Dewey Arizona

Home Town - Pomona California

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 118294
Oh Oh, I goona be out of context here, but I know Pomona/Montclair pretty well.
I used to live in Diamond Bar, CA for 26 years. Montclair mall had Red Lobster...yum, yum, but Pomona had the track and David Flores can do the 2 quick turns as a jockey better than ANY jockey!!!!

Dennis W (don't hang me folks!!!)

__