Skip to main content
Topic: Its Like Maple Syrup! (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Its Like Maple Syrup!
Yahoo Message Number: 118132
Hey gang:

I have owned my 27 RB for 1.5 years.  It was new from the factory.  WE love it but there is a strange leak that I cannot seem to figure out.
For the first year or so I had a brownish fluid with a consistancy of thick maple syrup leaking from my microwave cabinet and dripping onto the counter by the sink. If we left her in storage it would be a nice size puddle near the sink when we returned.  I took the microwave out to trace it and could see where the leak had slighlty stained the bottom of the cabinet but I never could figure out what this brown fluid was and where it was comming from.  It slowed down for a few months and now today I see the same type of brownish syrup leeking from my stove hood, just down from the microwave cabinet.  It is now only a few drips, but I am wondering if this could be coming from my roof.  Anyway, the question for the group is?: Has anyone had similar brown syrup like fluid leeking from somewhere? If so did you discover where it is coming from?

Thanks in advance!
Keegan
San Diego

Re: Its Like Maple Syrup!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 118135
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 20:26:16 -0000, "wonderland555" lazydazed@...> wrote:

For the first year or so I had a brownish fluid with a consistancy of thick maple syrup leaking from my microwave cabinet

The first time it leaked I would have called the Mothership. Perhaps sent them a sample.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 118144
 Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:26 PM
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Subject: [LD] Its Like Maple Syrup!

Hey gang:
 I have owned my 27 RB for 1.5 years. It was new from the factory. WE love it but there is a strange leak that I cannot seem to figure out.
For the first year or so I had a brownish fluid with a consistancy of thick maple syrup leaking from my microwave cabinet and dripping onto the counter by the sink. If we left her in storage it would be a nice size puddle near the sink when we returned. I took the microwave out to trace it and could see where the leak had slighlty stained the bottom of the cabinet but I never could figure out what this brown fluid was and where it was comming from. It slowed down for a few months and now today I see the same type of brownish syrup leeking from my stove hood, just down from the microwave cabinet. It is now only a few drips, but I am wondering if this could be coming from my roof. Anyway, the question for the group is?: Has anyone had similar brown syrup like fluid leeking from somewhere? If so did you discover where it is coming from?

Thanks in advance! Keegan San Diego

Wood sap??
 If so, the goo would be sticky at first and would tend to dry brittle over time. I might also have a pine odor. Quantity would decrease over time. Sometimes a surprising amount of sap can come out of new lumber.

bumper

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 118161
Is the leak originating from inside the microwave oven itself or can you find traces of it from above the oven?  Perhaps an electrical component inside the microwave is the source.  If so, as cheap as microwave ovens are, I'd simply replace it with another with the same dimensions.  I once took a microwave oven apart, (the case was dented,) you needed a special screwdriver bit, or some creativity, to unscrew the case fasteners.