Skip to main content
Topic: FYI Laz Daze professional appraisal (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
FYI Laz Daze professional appraisal
Yahoo Message Number: 118063
Had to have mine "appraised" by an accredited company for my fulltimer's ins. thru Victoria--the only one I found that would KNOWINGLY ins. me without an accompanying "toad" or car at home.
Found out that other agents would write me up, but that the companys they were connecting me to would NOT ins. me without a car...could prove interesting if I ever had to file a totaled claim and they realized it was just the RV.

Anyway, ran into the agreed value on the rig...blue book was only $14,000, and that OF COURSE is no where near what it would cost for me to replace 'her' now.... 30ft. 1998 IB w/80,000 miles.
 Short form--after copying ALL my receipts for maintenance, upgrades, repairs, after market add-ons, taking tons of pics inside and out, and sending along all the literature from the co.,and from RV Consumer's CD, got a letter back praising the rig, it's condition, and giving the rig an 'agreed value" of  31,500...with 80,000 miles on the engine, etc.

According to them, this was lower in their opinion than it warranted,  but that they have to take the current economic conditions into account when figuring the appraisal.
 So, while it is a fair amt. lower than what i actually have init, and done to it...still, it is RECOGNIZED as being worth half again what blue book suggests..
 For those of you facing the same requirements to prove agreed value, e-mail me for the name of the appraiser I used in So. Cal. [and they knew about LDS!!] and I think you'll be happy with his appraisal on your LDs. It cost me $225 for the appraisal, and because of his report, my fulltimer's total coverage is $631 a year, and includes $10,000 for the contents and my little trailer and it's contents. I'm happy with that!

Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "Kooch" our little red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."