Skip to main content
Topic: Holding tank pesky valves (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Holding tank pesky valves
Yahoo Message Number: 117808
My holding tanks valves are very hard to operate, and suggestions on how to loosen the up. Thanks for any help. Doc 2000 FL

Re: Holding tank pesky valves
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 117810
My holding tanks valves are very hard to operate, and suggestions on how to loosen the up. Thanks for any help. Doc 2000 FL
Doc, alcohol on cotton balls to clean the blade, groove and shaft.  Reach around to get the back side of that blade as best as you can.  Then silicone spray.  That is how I do it.

Joe Hamm

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 117812
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:26:43 -0400, W DARRYLL PRICE DDS wdprice15@...> wrote:

My holding tanks valves are very hard to operate, and suggestions on how to loosen the up.
Clean, then coat with Vaseline
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 117813
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:26:43 -0400, W DARRYLL PRICE DDS wrote:
 My holding tanks valves are very hard to operate, and suggestions on how to loosen the up.
Clean, then coat with Vaseline
Vaseline is called for in the LD manual.  Many who post here feel it is a magnet for dust and dirt compared to silicone spray.  Either will work.

Joe Hamm

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 117817
wrote: Vaseline is called for in the LD manual.  Many who post here feel it is a magnet for dust and dirt compared to silicone spray.
-- I use Simple Green in warm water, a small, stiff-bristled brush (and old toothbrush can work OK), and the hose to scrub all the termination valve parts first.
 Vaseline gets sticky, gunks up, and attracts dirt, so like Joe and many others, I use silicone spray to lube the gate valves, inner valve slot, and handle shafts of the black and grey tanks.  As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home