Skip to main content
Topic: RV door... Sructure (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
RV door... Sructure
Yahoo Message Number: 117789
Does anyone have an idea of the structure of inside the RV door?

My hubby was using the ladder to straighten the RV cover that had shifted in the wind. While he was picking up the ladder and setting it back down, the leg of the latter hit the bottom of the door that was open, pulling the aluminum strip and the one by one right out of the bottom of the door. I have no clue on how to fix this without totally dismantling the door.
Any ideas? When you look at the bottom of the door all you see is the foam that fills the hollow cavity...

Respectfully, Ellen and Bodega 1986 FL

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: RV door... Sructure
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 117797
Does anyone have an idea of the structure of inside the RV door? ...leg of the ladder hit the bottom of the door that was open, pulling the aluminum strip and the one by one right out of the bottom of the door. I have no clue on how to fix this ...Any ideas? When you look at the bottom of the door all you see is the foam that fills the hollow cavity...
Respectfully, Ellen and Bodega 1986 FL

You've got the material which is filling the inside of the door.
 As to fixing it might want to look into the spray foam insulation to fill space.
 For the aluminum can get a sheet of aluminum siding from Home Depot or Lowe's - There are glues which will adhere it to the bottom of door. Then just seal seams to prevent moisture seeping in and paint to match.
 If you take a piece of the coach aluminum the paint department can match up fairly close.
 Squint good and it will look good as new. You'll do great just pretend your icing a cake

Virginia

Blue Eyes - '99 40ft U320 Foretravel
Bull - '06 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab