Skip to main content
Topic: 12 vdc dash receptacle not working (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
12 vdc dash receptacle not working
Yahoo Message Number: 117458
David said  the fuse would be located.> On a five year old chassis, I'm sure the receptacle is fine. It isn't  old enough to be physically worn out.
The fuses under the hood, are branch fuses and for the engine. The fuses inside the Lazy Daze are for items that Lazy Daze added. Under the steering wheel is another fuse panel. In my 1999 Ford manual ( page 118+ ) is a description of another 44 fuses. Some locations aren't used in my vehicle. Your 'Owners Guide', for a newer and E450 chassis might have even more. The cigar lighter and power plug are two different fuses, locations 23 and 28, 15 amp and 25 amp respectively. This fuse block has fuses for things like the air  bags, power windows, dome lights, wipers, heater controls, dash lighting, etc.  Hope this helped, RonB and a '99 TKB named  'Bluebelle'.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: 12 vdc dash receptacle not working
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 117488
David said < It seems like it probably blew a fuse, but I'm not sure  where the fuse would be located.>
I think this issue is resolved, but here's a repair video from RVTravel.com:
 http://www.rvdoctorvideos.com/

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: 12 vdc dash receptacle not working
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 117616
On Oct 11, 2010, at 5:31 PM,

David said < It seems like it probably blew a fuse, but I'm not sure where the fuse would be located.> On a five year old chassis, I'm sure the receptacle is fine. It isn't old enough to be physically worn out.
The fuses under the hood, are branch fuses and for the engine. The fuses inside the Lazy Daze are for items that Lazy Daze added. Under the steering wheel is another fuse panel. In my 1999 Ford manual ( page 118+ ) is a description of another 44 fuses. Some locations aren't used in my vehicle. Your 'Owners Guide', for a newer and E450 chassis might have even more. The cigar lighter and power plug are two different fuses, locations 23 and 28, 15 amp and 25 amp respectively. This fuse block has fuses for things like the air bags, power windows, dome lights, wipers, heater controls, dash lighting, etc. Hope this helped, RonB and a '99 TKB named 'Bluebelle'.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] My lighter outlet went out on my 2000 and found fuse under dash number 23 blown, replaced and all is well . Doc
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]