Skip to main content
Topic: LD Sighting Rincon Parkway - Ventura County (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Sighting Rincon Parkway - Ventura County
Yahoo Message Number: 114847
Hi, On Sunday, while returning to SoCal from the Gilroy, CA Garlic Festival, we found a spot to park along the ever popular Rincon Parkway beach campsite in Ventura County. Rincon Parkway has 127 campsites along a strip of marked sites parallel to old California Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean.  The campsites are very hard to get into, because they are on a first-come first-serve basis. These campsites can be accessed from the South by taking the Emma Woods State Park exit to California Pacific Coast Highway from US 101 North. Access from North US 101 is via Sea Cliff to California Pacific Coast Highway in the small beach community of Muscle Shoals. There is a Ventura County park at each end of  Rincon Parkway, namely Faria & Hobson. Campsites at Rincon Parkway are dry-camping, while Faria & Hobson offer services. Reference: http://portal.countyofventura.org/portal/page/portal/GSA/parks_department_old/DESCRIPTIONS.

The current seasonal dry-camping rate is $27/day. Each camper has a million-dollar unobstructed view of sunset from his patio side. Each camper has access to the beach via climbing 10-20 feet down the man-placed rocks, which protect the shoreline from erosion.
 We stayed over night. We would have stayed longer but our black tank was almost full. Upon departure, we noticed a fellow LD also blue and white parked several spots ahead of us.
By the way, Camping World in Santa Clarita at I-5 and Lyons Ave., approximately 45 minutes from Rincon Parkway, offers FREE Dumping. NOTE: Please don't leave your trash at the dump-site. We would not want Camping World to take away that precious option due to careless selfish campers.
Thanks,

Rollins, SoCal 2006 MB blue/white

Re: LD Sighting Rincon Parkway - Ventura County
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 114851
Man, you are making me think about a road trip to the left hand coast. We moved to Colorado from San Jose, Ca, in 1992. One of our favorite things to do was to go camping at Sunset Beach State Park south of Santa Cruz. Growing up in Southern Cal, we'd go to Gaviota, Carpenteria, and many others whose names I can't remember. We love the mountains here, but once in a while we sure miss the beach. Thanks for the reminder.

Larry and Kathy Jones Monument, CO
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)