Skip to main content
Topic: Have to share this (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Have to share this
Yahoo Message Number: 114687
We don't spend much time in CG's that have hookups, so you must excuse my ignorance. We are in a fine PA CG on the Crooked River in Oregon. A gold plater just pulled in. We noticed them as their diesel sounds like a locomotive. I look out and see the man getting out his 50amp cord. And here it is, he pushed a button and the power cable was extruded from a well. It swirled to ground like it came from a soft serve ice cream machine. I really want to go over and ask him how he will get the cord out when the motor malfunctions. Those thinking of a Foretravel make sure you get this toy.

Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid John Wayne
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: Have to share this
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 114688
He probably won't bother with the 50 amp cord when it gets stuck.
He'll just start his quiet 10KW 3 cylinder diesel generator.

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See LazyDazers.com to get an affordable blog Free Listings at SMARTERyellowpages.com

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 114691
Don, as far as a motor malfunction on the cord reel…think of it like an electric garage door opener. If the power goes out is your car stranded

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 114693
I might be stranded, Robert. Those width and half all wood doors are really heavy for an old guy to lift.
 It's a cute gadget, but in the time it took for it to emerge and then for him to un-twist it. I could have taken our cord out and plugged it in and moved on.

PS We don't have electric steps either.

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:08:45 -0000, "Robert Britton" wrote:

Don, as far as a motor malfunction on the cord reel…think of it like an electric garage door opener. If the power goes out is your car stranded in the garage?

Robert Britton Hollister, California
Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 114699
Yes sir, sometimes simpler is better…works for some but not all!
 If that garage door is too heavy you can "out smart it"…. During a power outage; just start the generator on your coach and run a cord to the electric opener.

Robert Britton

Hollister, California