Skip to main content
Topic: Ferry to Port aux Basques reservations (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Ferry to Port aux Basques reservations
Yahoo Message Number: 114415

Forwarded message
 Date: Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM
 Subject: Re: Ferry to Port aux Basques reservations
 To: Alex Rutchka ax.rutchka@...>

Alex, Answer your question first: 1-2 days before your expected crossing should be enough. You can get there well before your due time at the ferry terminal loading parking lot and dry camp in the North Sydney city parking lot behind the library on the main street that parallels the shore just 1 block south of the ferry docks. You can even go online at the library for free. The first time across, try to make it a day crossing. Then stay at Cheeseman Provential Park (dry camping) after getting to Newfoundland. It is not far up the TCH from Port aux Basques.
If you get a chance, call my cell phone (*352-232-3625*) and we can talk more about going there. We are heading that way now. We are visiting friends in VA now but will be heading out tomorrow (7/12/10). We expect to get up there maybe around the third week in July or so, but we are on no set schedule. If you get to the St. John's area while we are there or anywhere else along the way, we should meet up. We have Verizon Nationwide + Canada calling, so you can reach us anytime. I would look forward to talking with you. We should be crossing the border  at St. Stephens in the next 3-4 days (maybe). We *may* circle Nova Scotia first and see some places we have missed in past trips before crossing to NL. Anyway, I will look forward to hearing from you, Mike Coachman
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Ferry to Port aux Basques reservations
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 114790
Alex, We send out Photo E-mails to our friends of our travels and want to know if you want to be added to our list of recipients? Also, I lost the reservations info for the fall Charleston GTG. Could you send them to me?  Thanks,  Mike
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'