Skip to main content
Topic: Thanks all around (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Thanks all around
Yahoo Message Number: 112383
First to Mike & Lisa Sylvester for the post-delivery installations of many things. These will be completed later in the year. We are so lucky to have people like Mike & Lisa who are great people as well as great technicians. Couldn't be in more capable hands. I count them as personal friends.
 Then to Sarah & Pete (who have been friends of ours for seven years) for throwing a party for us at Jojoba Hills while we were having the work done on the LD by Mike & Lisa. Met some wonderful LD people (whose names I already knew) who also hang out there a good part of the year. Sarah's roast pork loin was incredible.
 And finally to Tessa Hill who has been a great help on this trip. Tessa advised us on a place in Conroe, TX, to have our first, 1,500 m., oil change: her mechanic and a thoroughly reputable one at that. He squeezed us in when we arrived late this afternoon. Tessa also advised us on the routing to avoid going through Houston. And on the beautiful RV park we're staying in tonight. And finally, graced us with fixin's for tonight's dinner: her famous chicken pot pie (you can't possibly even imagine how delicious that was) and also homemade brownies. Add to that the fact that Tessa is a stunning beauty who is one of the nicest, friendliest, fun people you will ever meet. What a treat getting to know her. Even though we only chatted for a few minutes at the mechanic's shop, I feel like I've known her for years. She's that kind of person.

So thanks to all of you. What a blessing!

David and Nam in Woodland Lakes RV Park, Conroe, TX.

Re: Thanks all around
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112385
Well, all I can say is that David and Nam are going to have to clean that rig now because I drooled all over it today!  How lucky for me that they came through because they are delightful.
 Admittedly everyone, including all the mechanics at the shop, were excited to see a brand new Lazy Daze, straight from the factory.  Wow!  A real treat!
 And what exactly is it about Lazy Dazers that make them feel so much like family?  David and Nam are such fun, interesting people and getting to meet them in person was truly the highlight of my week!
 I've uploaded some great pics (if I do say so myself) of Dave and Nam with their brand new baby - I do love that new paint style.  Very fresh.  It is beautiful inside too.

Here's a shortcut to their pics:  (there are 3 total of them) http://tinyurl.com/2whswcl

And thanks for the kind words, David.  I'll get you that $20 as we agreed (oops, did I say that out loud?)

:) Tessa in TX '92 MB- Ciao Baby!

Re: Thanks all around
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 112406
What did you have done to new FD after pick up?

1) Progressive Industries surge protector hard-wired in.
2) Pressure Pro tire monitoring system
3) installed five small halogen fire extinguishers
4) drilled roof hole in LD prepared place & ran cable from Wilson antenna to inside amp.
5) installed Purest One water purification system
6) set up Sterling Tow Bar system & shield  To be done later this summer:
7) wire the LD for the US Brake tow brake already installed in Honda CRV
8) install SeeLevel II
9) install spray cleaning system for black & gray tanks

I also installed plastic drawer clothes storage systems in both closets, but I'm going to re-work all that once we're back from this trip because I *think* if I could free up one of the closets, it could be a place for the two Brompton bikes. Clothes would then go up in compartments above the sofa & dinette packed in canvas sweater "boxes" instead of plastic drawers.
 BTW, the storage spaces under the dinette seats are *very* valuable spaces (dog stuff in the smaller one, "office" & vacuum/cleaning stuff in larger one... which is why I think the FD is more practical than the FL where you'd not have those storage spaces.

David & Nam (in Henderson, LA, & heading for Pensacola today)