Skip to main content
Topic: 2000 RK for Sale (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
2000 RK for Sale
Yahoo Message Number: 112232
Regretfully, for health and other reasons, we are going to have to sell our wonderful Lazy Daze Rear Kitchen. We hope to be "back in the saddle" soon, but for the time being, we can't use our beauty and it should go to a new home where it will be loved and USED.
 I'll be posting a notice in the For Sale file, but I have also created a web page. Check this link for more information:
 http://www.wix.com/scc32047/Lazy-Daze

Re: 2000 RK for Sale
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112234
"SLObooks"  wrote:
 Regretfully, for health and other reasons, we are going to have to sell our wonderful Lazy Daze Rear Kitchen..... but I have also created a web page.
--- I'm sorry that you plan to sell your RK, but your well-designed and informative "LD for sale" website will very likely soon attract a buyer!  Good luck to you.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 112236
I'll be posting a notice in the For Sale file, but I have also created a web page. Check this link for more information:

http://www.wix.com/scc32047/Lazy-Daze
FYI - that web site doesn't appear to open under Firefox.  I had to use IE to view it.  I don't know about other browsers like Safari or Chrome.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 112237
It was problematic for Safari on a Mac, too.  Popular free basic services like  Photobucket or Kodak Gallery might be more effective for conveying the extra information.

Joanne

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 112238
At 04:08 PM 4/29/2010, you wrote:

It was problematic for Safari on a Mac, too. Popular free basic services like Photobucket or Kodak Gallery might be more effective for conveying the extra information.
I designed it using Firefox to access the Wix site, and I just checked it [again], and it opens fine for me under both IE and Firefox. If it makes a difference, it's version 3.6.3.
 I'm so sorry folks are having trouble with this...I will see what I can do.

Sonsie

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 112240
On Apr 29, 2010, at 5:53 PM,

Just so you know, I can open the link and see all the info and photos just fine on Firefox 3.6.3 on a PC.
And I can do the same using Firefox 3.6.3 on my Mac.

This is a great promo piece for Sonsie's LD!

Martha in Santa Fe

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 112242
At 04:08 PM 4/29/2010, you wrote:

It was problematic for Safari on a Mac, too. Popular free basic services like Photobucket or Kodak Gallery might be more effective for conveying the extra information.

I designed it using Firefox to access the Wix site, and I just checked it [again], and it opens fine for me under both IE and Firefox. If it makes a difference, it's version 3.6.3.
 I'm so sorry folks are having trouble with this...I will see what I can do.
I'll admit that I'm running Firefox 3.0.19.  Like all software, browsers tend to get bigger ans use more resources with each release.  You always run the risk of issues like this when you are using the latest web features.  Anyone tried with the latest version of Safari or other browser?

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 112243

On Apr 29, 2010, at 5:53 PM, david@... wrote:
 Just so you know, I can open the link and see all the info and photos just fine on Firefox 3.6.3 on a PC.

And I can do the same using Firefox 3.6.3 on my Mac.

This is a great promo piece for Sonsie's LD!

Martha in Santa Fe

Opened fine for me with same setup.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 112244
I'm sorry to hear that you have to sell your rig, and hope you'll be back on the road soon. However, like others, I had some problems with your website. Most of them were traceable to error-laden Flash code. Unfortunately, the site-building service you used, wix.com, is completely Flash-dependent.
 As a professional website developer, I want to make my sites available to as many viewers as possible. That's why I don't use Flash. It's slow, buggy... and completely unviewable by increasingly popular mobile devices such as iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerries, or Windows Mobile phones.
 If you really want to reach a wide audience, I'd suggest finding another site-building tool (e.g., Google Sites, Yahoo SiteBuilder, MobileMe, etc.) that doesn't rely on buggy proprietary code. Just my two cents' worth. :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 112250
>

I run Firefox and it opens fine for me.

Ellen

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 112255
Just my thoughts, (but I did sell my old motorhome last spring,) 3 seconds is not enough time to view the details of each photo, I did not see a way to stop or slow the slide show with my computer. The second or so of photo rotation is not a plus to me either. The font style on right side of the description page is cute, but much harder for me to read than the left side.
 I'd include more exterior photos from all sides and the roof, don't forget each tire, and I'd recommend removing all personal stuff for the photo's, show it like a new one would be at a RV show. I had photo's of the appliances working, you can use a thermometers readout in the photo to show that the heater, dash and roof air conditioner, stove and refrigerator are operational. I didn't, but you can also make available a video-sound clip of the engine starting up, and a short drive up to highway speed.
 I used Craigslist and a link to 50 or so photo's on Flickr.  It was quite effective, the only cost to me was my time. The lookers said the extensive photo's were a major reason they came to see the coach in person. I put it for sale in Feb, reduced the price gradually till it sold in April, coincidentally just as the Pennsylvania winter turned to spring.  Buyers do nationwide searches if they know what they want, local buyers tend to look for eye appeal and the price range they want, they need to be informed of the Lazy Daze advantages.  Here's your competition of Lazy Dazes' for sale: http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cprv&itm=lazy+daze&state=&fil=&ys=&ye=&submit=++++go++++

Good luck selling, and best wishes for a speedy recovery and return.

Eddie

2000 RK for sale
Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 112254
Sonsie,
 Just to add to the info you have about who can read what regarding your ad, I get the Digest of 25 Life with ... messages on Yahoo mail (on my pc). I clicked on the link in your message and went immediately to the wix site -- really nice presentation. But when I tried to see the ad on the LD web site for LD sales, clicking on that link took me out to the Life with.. main page with a message that the directory was not available. Afraid I don't know what browser. I know it's not Firefox, but have never heard of Chrome or Safari.

Pat B., Piscataqua River 30' IB