Skip to main content
Topic: July Trip?? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
July Trip??
Yahoo Message Number: 112224
Well, I decided to go on the TrekoftheAmericas Expedition in July this year to South America.  If anyone wants more information or may want to join contact me, or the expedition information is available at www.adventuretrek.com   It is only for smaller motorhomes under 30' and goes all the way to Argentina via the Pan American Highway.. ?? on well, somebody has to do it!!  lol

Re: July Trip??
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112225
wrote: Well, I decided to go on the TrekoftheAmericas Expedition in July this year to South America.  If anyone wants more information or may want to join contact me, or the expedition information is available at www.adventuretrek.com --- This one?  Sounds like quite an adventure, but, the overall cost (listed on the tour description page) is an eye-popper! Does that "expect to spend" amount *include* the basic tour price?
 http://www.adventuretrek.com/120day.htm

You might want to consider keeping a journal of this trek; a trip like this is bound to produce a lot of material!  ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: July Trip??
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 112229
"Looks like the "expect to spend" amount of 30,000 - $35,000 is in addition tothe initial cost to join the expedition. Sounds like a real adventure with time spent in the Amazon jungle, and primitive dry camping."

The $15,850 fee covers only guide and camping fees.
The $30,000-35,000 is for fuel, food, shipping fees, entertainment and bribes.
They recommend carrying a ton of spare parts, so budget a few thousand for the spares and for a new set of tires. Take two spare tires, one mounted and the other lashed to the roof rack.
 Looks like a heck of a trip. Wish we had a spare four months and an extra laying $50,000 around.

Larry

Happy to go anywhere
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)