Skip to main content
Topic: How to create a Tiny.url (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
How to create a Tiny.url
Yahoo Message Number: 112205
Friends, when you post pictures, if you put a link to them, then we can view them quickly.  Otherwise it is laborious.

Here's how:

You upload you pics
 As you sit there admiring your album- you're on the page that shows thumbnail pics of all your album photos- that's the best page to send people to, I think.
 Look at your computer address bar at the top.  It's got the http:// web address for that particular page.  That's what you need to copy.

So go highlight it (click and drag; or Ctrl-A to Select All)

Then Edit > Copy (or Control-C to copy)
 Then go to Tinyurl.com (just type "Tinyurl.com" into your address bar. I use a 2nd Internet window for that. I also have TinyURL as a Quick Link at the top of my screen, so I simply click on TinyURL's quick link)
 Paste into the box on Tinyurl.com that says "Enter a long URL to make tiny" (click Edit > Paste; or Control-V to Paste)

Click the button "Make TinyURL!"

If asked, click on "allow access"
 TaDa!  Done- your TinyURL will AUTOMATICALLY be on your invisible clipboard, ready for pasting.  You don't even have to copy it.
 Go back to your LD message, click the cursor in the text area, and paste in the TinyURL.

Easy!

Summary: Copy your web address from your picture site Go to TinyURL.com and paste in the web address in the box Go back to your LD message and paste it in there

Hope that helps! :) Tessa