Skip to main content
Topic: Solar charge controller musings... (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Solar charge controller musings...
Yahoo Message Number: 112064
In the 'Improvements' folder of the 'files' section here, I have added a document with the above name. Should anyone wish to read it, I would welcome any comments or insight. Thanks.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Solar charge controller musings...
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 112078
In the 'Improvements' folder of the 'files' section here, I have added a document with the above name. Should anyone wish to read it, I would welcome any comments or insight. Thanks.

Steve
Steve,

Interesting thoughts.
 As a point of information, like the current Heliotrope HPV-22(B),the old Helitrope RV30-S pulse width mode controller also does not have a "float" mode. It charges with full power to 14.6 V (or where ever it's set) then holds the at that voltage for the rest of the day.

Linley

Re: Solar charge controller musings...
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 112080
As a point of information, like the current Heliotrope HPV-22(B),the old Helitrope RV30-S pulse width mode controller also does not have a "float" mode. It charges with full power to 14.6 V (or where ever it's set) then holds the at that voltage for the rest of the day.

Linley
That is good to know - it would seem then that this represents a design philosophy for all their products. I wish there were more tech info on their site. Interestingly, AM Solar also carries the Morningstar Tristar MPPT charge controllers, which have multi-stage charging like the other Morningstar products.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit