Skip to main content
Topic: Spotless ~ (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Spotless ~
Yahoo Message Number: 112011
Just did my first RV wash in the driveway the other day with my new DIC-20 Spotless Water System by CR Spotless Water Systems, obtained from Costco.com for about $370 delivered. This system, which looks like a couple of oxygen cannisters on a roll-around stand, produces de-ionized water which dries absolutely spotless on your RV, car, house windows, or whatever without toweling, chamois etc. As is typical with Costco, the thing comes with absolutely everything needed, right down to quick-disconnects, two hoses and a spray attachment -- plus some resin-refill bags which are otherwise about $150 by themselves.
 Because the resin charge in the cannisters produce a finite amount of de-ionized water (up to 1600 gallons at 50ppm of water hardness, less with harder water), strategies to get the most out of these gallons are useful. I used an extendable flow-thru brush (also from Costco) with a built-in soap dispenser hooked up to regular water to wash FAYAFUN section by section, then used the de-ionized water to rinse it off section by section. If I'm reading the meter correctly, I'll get about 10-15 rinses (of my 40-footer) before I hafta recharge the cannisters.
Restricting water flow to no more than four GPM is important and I'll probably get a 70lb pressure regulator to make sure I'm not wasting water by pushing it thru too fast.
 Obviously this is not a cheap system and whether it's worth it to you is a very individual decision. I like it even though my coach is stored outside and thus doesn't stay pristine for long. A spotless shine and clear windows without any drying efforts whatsoever are pretty neat.
 You can find it in the "Auto Accesories" section of Costco.com. Obviously, I have no interest in this device except as a consumer.

Gary Allen 2007 Phaeton 40QDH/Freightliner/Cat C7 The Governor's Land Williamsburg, VA "Life in the Bus Lane"