Skip to main content
Topic: floor replacement (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
floor replacement
Yahoo Message Number: 111921
Well, besides all the great info from all of you, I called around and talked to various installers, etc. Interestingly enough...Home Depot's sub that does their floors WON'T do a motor home or trailer....anyway the short of it is that i will go with Tim doing it for the agreed price.
 I have GOT to get up to date on hiring out work costs...for years we did everything ourselves...my ex and I were a good match--what I was good at, he wasn't and vice versus....so together we covered almost every situation. I always knew he didn't appreciate how much my skills saved us, so am a bit chagrined to learn what his did as well...live and learn!

I am hoping from now on, I can do the upkeep etc., now that the really big ticket items are done...hope hope.
 Tessa, I'd have LOVED to have you as a little bird on my shoulder--I would have attempted this myself with a bit of support from someone like you! Paul, you are very right about this being apples and oranges when it comes to replacing floors in  a stick house or an RV...I did "get" that...but Tim is a very experienced guy, so I was surprised he'd never done one before --[replace carpet w/Pergo or?] --he's done new carpeting, but not this.

Thanks again, all.

Off to meet Tim tomorrow am in Rancho Cucamonga--I'll try and take pics as things progress so others can see how it goes in case you might want to try this.

Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "Kooch" our little red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."