Skip to main content
Topic: Perplexing water leak (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Perplexing water leak
Yahoo Message Number: 111833
Greetings,

I have a 1995 mid bath. In the last couple of months, off and on (mostly on) I hear a mini-burst from the water pump only lasting a milli-second every couple of minutes. I also see evidence of some seeping both from the fresh water tank inlet and city water inlet. There are telltale signs of this seepage, being windblown mineral streaks along the passenger side of the coach. Anyone have any ideas of what's going on? Should I be worried about internal damage? Please advise of any thoughts.

TIA

Re: Perplexing water leak
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111846
I'd say your check valve is bad for your city water connection and I would want to get it repaired ASAP. A simple look at the plumbing should tell you where the check valve is located.

Garry

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111867
I have a 1995 mid bath. In the last couple of months, off and on (mostly on) I hear a mini-burst from the water pump only lasting a milli-second every couple of minutes. I also see evidence of some seeping both from the fresh water tank inlet and city water inlet. There are telltale signs of this seepage, being windblown mineral streaks along the passenger side of the coach. Anyone have any ideas of what's going on? Should I be worried about internal damage? Please advise of any thoughts.

Leakage from the fresh water inlet should only occur if the tank is filled high, or if the vent line is plugged. A leak at the city water inlet could be a bad check valve, or that could be a sign of too high pressure from no air bubble in the water heater. Get a hose fitting 'cap' for the inlet and see if that stops the pump cycling. If so, the city inlet will have to be pulled to service or replace the check valve. If stopping the outside leak does not stop the pump cycling, then you have a leak somewhere else.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111878

Greetings,

TIA

Hi Ho Tonto!

it sounds like you have leak at the check valve in your city water connection. It could be that there is a piece of dirt or mineral build up that prevents the check valve from closing all the way. It is a fairly easy repair.
 I posted detailed repair instructions in message #102396. Repairing is much easier than replacing the valve because Lazy Daze painted and sealed the original city water connetion so well.
 Read the instructions in message #102396 several times. Purchase a new city water valve before taking apart the old city water valve. When you take the new valve apart for the "donor" parts, you will see how easy it is the replace the parts on your existing city water valve.

Good luck.
Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111902
I had a similar (Hard to find) leak on my 94' LD 26.5' MidBath.
 The very first trip back in 06, I didn't know what a pressure regulator was, connect direct without one and blew the seal on the toilet valve. (Pays to thoroughly read the RV manual before venturing out)
 The dripping occurred at the bottom of the valve (where the side step pedal was located) and was extremely hard to find!
 You might want to check there in your RV as a possibility for your leak.
 I never understood why pressure regulators are not built right into each RV as standard installed equipment just like an easy to get to water filter should be!

Ed 94' LD 26.5' MidBath
Port Richey, FL

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111922
Thanks for your advice Steve. Do you suppose the seepage from the fresh water tank inlet is also attributed to the city water check valve fix? Also I've never used the city water hookup

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111929
Tonto,

Think of the fresh water system as having two sides; the "low pressure" side includes the fresh water tank, the fresh water filler (NOT the city water inlet fitting, but where you pour water
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer