Skip to main content
Topic: electrical power loss, diode isolator? (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
electrical power loss, diode isolator?
Yahoo Message Number: 111721
Batteries seemed charged and after one day of little use, nothing worked in the coach, even the monitor panel had no power. Driving home the speedo, fuel and charging gages did not work, radio powerless. The starter, headlights and cab ac all worked,I was able to drive home.
Can anyone shine some light on my problem?

Thanks,  Kelly

Re: electrical power loss, diode isolator?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111730
Batteries seemed charged and after one day of little use, nothing worked in the coach, even the monitor panel had no power. Driving home the speedo, fuel and charging gages did not work, radio powerless. The starter, headlights and cab ac all worked,I was able to drive home.
Can anyone shine some light on my problem?
About all I can say is that it seems unlikely the isolator is the issue. It would not kill the coach batteries, nor affect which gauges do not work. Fuses or a lifted ground connection somewhere are more likely. Diagnosis using a voltmeter will be necessary.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: electrical power loss, diode isolator?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111736
"Driving home the speedo, fuel and charging gages did not work, radio powerless."
 Kelly, it's hard to see how an isolator problem would affect dashboard gauges. You probably have a blown fuse under the dash, but there may be an additional cause lurking behind that, such as a bad ground. First thing to do is replace the fuse, though... then see what happens.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"