Skip to main content
Topic: anyone know what hoses needed (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
anyone know what hoses needed
Yahoo Message Number: 111536
FYI...it's a '98 E-450 Triton V-10 in an IB....

Went to my Napa shop yesterday armed with my E-450 books from the LD....2nd try to get spare hoses and belts before heading out to parts unknown.
 First problem was their book only showed diesel E-450s--eventually he thou0ght he'd found the correct parts for it...2nd was there were two separate heater hose configurations...one main w/three outlets or offshoots...parts guy said it was for rear cabin heat distribution--told him nope...didn't have that on the class C coach...just needed the front cab hoses.
 He *thought* he found the correct hose, but since the darned thing is $97... I want to be SURE. Does anyone on the list have the actual parts numbers for the radiator and heater hoses used on our rigs? I also ordered the single serpentine belt he says it uses. Not a mechanic so I can't tell by looking--that's one packed engine compartment!

Thanks for any help people.

Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire "Kooch" our little red home on wheels "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Re: anyone know what hoses needed
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111537
Gini Free  wrote: Does anyone on the list have the actual parts numbers for the radiator and heater hoses used on our rigs? I also ordered the single serpentine belt he says it uses.
--- Just a suggestion, but you might want to check with the parts department of a Ford truck dealer; they should be able to look up the parts numbers and provide the correct belts and hoses.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111539
The Serpentine belt: Gates brand: K080991 Upper Hose, Gates brand: 22316 Lower Hose, Gates brand: 22371 Heater hose "Heater to pipe 1, without Aux heater" 19191.
Heater hose "Heater to pipe 2, without Aux heater" 19194.
 Once in a while, I work at a friends wholesale autparts (I happen to be here today).
Check Rock Auto ( www.rockauto . com) they stock, and ship this brand.

Ken Sann

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111540
Gini,
 As part of my preventitive maintenance, I had Ford replace hoses and belts on my 2000 MB (E-450, V10) last year.  While I can't be sure they are identical to your '98, the Ford part numbers they replaced are:

KM-4586 HOSE    $31.31 KM-4503 HOSE AS $99.73 KH-294 HOSE     $43.73 KH-503 HOSE     $49.64

I also had them replace the V-Belt:

JK8-996-AA      $69.04
 NAPA should have a cross reference to those Ford part numbers, but don't forget, mine is a 2000, so there could be differences.

Hope this helps,

Rich Gort - 2000 MB - Birch Bay, WA
Former 2000 MB- Now Bullet Crossfire 1800RB trailer pulled by a Chevy 2500HD

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111541
OOOPS...sorry, I missread the first belt number....should be KM-4568

eyes just ain't as good as they used to be.

Rich
Former 2000 MB- Now Bullet Crossfire 1800RB trailer pulled by a Chevy 2500HD

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111543
Ken Sann  wrote: Check Rock Auto ( www.rockauto . com) they stock, and ship this brand.
--- Thanks for the reminder about Rock Auto; what a catalog!  ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home