Skip to main content
Topic: Some April Fool's jokes of the past (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Some April Fool's jokes of the past
Yahoo Message Number: 111529
For a little trip down memory lane and a good laugh:

Remember Steve and Carol's joke:
 http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifewithalazydazerv/message/78029

The funny thing is, having met Steve and Carol, this doesn't sound so outlandish at all anymore!  Remember that Steve DID retire and they bought their LD, named Thistle-Dew Too.  Then he un-retired and they moved to Germany.  So this adventuresome couple probably did not surprise dear kids at all.  Well, it WAS a funny letter!

Then Andy's classic new LD design: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifewithalazydazerv/message/77990

Oh gosh- look at that rig!  Hysterical!

Getting the beverages from the over-the-cab fridge during the driving was a favorite feature.  It still makes me laugh today to think of the swiveling toilet that doubled as a dinette seat.  And Art noted that you didn't even need to get out of bed to let the dogs out the door.  Bumper mentioned the innovative leap from the coach door onto the bed- Haha!  Even more funny was how nice the comments were in trying to explain to Andy his design flaws, without realizing at first that it was a joke.  Haha!  I think that joke wins the prize.  Classic!

Tessa in TX

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Some April Fool's jokes of the past
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111545
Tessa,

Thanks for that reminder.  I remember it well.
 There was one more part to the story ... you may recall my daughter Alli came back with her own April Fool's Day reply saying she was going to quit college and roam the country with us
Steven & Carol Crisp -- 2000 26.5' Blue Mid-Bath named Thistle Dew Too
Our RV Motto:  "No place to be ... and all day to get there"
2024 Adventure: The Great Eclipse Escapade!  HI(Air),NV,AZ,NM,Mason,TX(Totality!) ...