Skip to main content
Topic: Officially made it! (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Officially made it!
Yahoo Message Number: 111165
Hello everyone, I have been tracking the listings for Lazy Daze for hmmm, a couple years it feels like, to find one in our price and area.  We finally found one this last week!!!!!

It is a '96, 26 1/2' twin king.
 This came from a widow who knew little to nothing about how to operate it...and I have no experience with RV's either.  So far I have been working on cleaning it.  But I would like to get the systems tested out this week.  Does anyone have some extra time on their hands to answer rediculously basic (and maybe not so basic) questions?  Or any chance anyone is in the Springfield MO vicinity that could help walk me through it?

Very excited to be an owner of a Lazy Daze!

Carolyn

Re: Officially made it!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111168
Congratulations on your new rig, Carolyn! There are lots of places to get basic information about RV operation. Here are a few:
 * The best source is your Lazy Daze's manual, if you have it. The manual is a very complete guide, and well worth reading from cover to cover. (I reread mine at least once a year, because there's so much in it that I can't carry it all in my head.)
 * phred Tinseth's "Poop Sheets" are excellent non-nonsense guides to various RVing topics:

http://www.phrannie.org/phredex.html>
 * My own "Travels with Andy" site has a "Recommended Reading" page that lists a number of books I've found useful. In particular, Bob Livingston's "RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" is a good book to carry with you in case anything goes wrong with one of your built-in appliances.

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/books.htm>
 I'm sure others here will have additional suggestions, but these should get you started. Happy trails! :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111169
Carolyn, Congratulations and welcome aboard!
 Andy has given you some excellent suggestions, but out of modesty he omitted one of the best: His own "Eureka!" collection of tips, which is available as an e-book or disc via his website's "Shameless Commerce" page.
 There are copies of some of the appliance manuals if you don't have them (Fridge, water pump, etc.)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111174
Hello everyone, I have been tracking the listings for Lazy Daze for hmmm, a couple years it feels like, to find one in our price and area.  We finally found one this last week!!!!!

It is a '96, 26 1/2' twin king.

Very excited to be an owner of a Lazy Daze!

Carolyn
Congrats!!!
 You may want to look into the Escapade in Indiana in September (Escapees RV group)... even though you will have been RVing for the summer, their bootcamp and other classes are a great way to learn things (well, this forum, too!).. make sure you sign up for all the safety classes... RV weight, firesafety, RV systems, etc.  Won't be too far from you, last year there were about 8 Lazy Dazes at the Sedalia MO Escapade.

Lisa and Blue
2005 RB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111186
Thanks for the warm welcome!  :o)
 Andy, very familiar with you and been watching your travels from your site for some time.  Great site!  I will look at the info/links you posted.  It is embarrassing to admit it, but of all the things I looked at in choosing the right make and model, I don't even know how or where to plug the RV in, sigh, or if I can plug it into the house?  Or the first thing about how to hook up the water.  But I did start going through the stack of manuals today...by the time I got to the last one...which looks like the most beneficial I was out of time for the day (at that moment).
 Thanks Joanne, you are right, it is the 26.5 Midbath, amazing how roomy that plan is.  I had been in other motorhomes of similar size...but LD sure knows how to make it seem more grand!
 And Lisa and Blue (why blue??), nice to meet you too.  Sedalia isn't far from here but then again, since we will be mobile real soon...nothing will really be too far again!  LOL  Home will be where we are lead to go.  I have read about the Escapade group from Andy's site...it does look like a wonderful event to attend.
 Just wanted to get out a Happy Hello!  And now back to the books, and those great leads.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111196
I will second the recommendation for "Eureka".  I purchased the d/l version a few weeks ago and it is way more than worth it's price