Skip to main content
Topic: tow vehical (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
tow vehical
Yahoo Message Number: 111157
Hi Group,  Well we took the step and ordered our LD but now my question.....please let me know what vehicals you know can be towed 4 wheels down. Thank you, Sherry

Re: tow vehical
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111160
Hi Group,  Well we took the step and ordered our LD but now my question.....please let me know what vehicals you know can be towed 4 wheels down. Thank you, Sherry

The first place to start would be with the Dingy Towing Guides published by Motorhome Magazine each year.  Several years worth of Guides are on their website, www.motorhomemagazine.com.  Earlier Guides can be ordered from them for a small fee.
 These guides list only those vehicles that are approved by the manufacturer for 4-down towing.  That doesn't mean that others aren't capable of being towed 4-down, either as is or with modification (like a lube pump or transmission disconnect).
 If the Dingy Towing Guides don't list the vehicle you're interested in, your next stop should be Remco Towing, www.remcotowing.com.

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Linda Hylton

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111166
"...please let me know what vehicals you know can be towed 4 wheels down."
Thank you, Sherry

Sherry
 I'm sure someone is going to recommend you look at the "Motorhome" Magazine dingy towing guide on their website as a beginning.
 But from personal experience you can't do better than Honda. I have been towing a 2002 Honda Civic XL for nearly six years now. No problems. In fact, I'm looking to upgrade to a Honda CR-V so my little Green Shadow will go on the auction block soon. I know of others on this board who tow the Honda Fit, Andy?

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111167
Steve, Thank you, that helped so much......I am worn out from trying to figure out which LD.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111170
We flat tow our 2008 Mini-Cooper S (manual trans) according to the manufacturer's instructions.  We've towed it about 13000 miles, and driven it another 24000, and haven't seen any problems.  My husband installed the Blue Ox baseplate himself, and instead of wiring the brake lights, we bought a wireless magnetic light bar to go on top of the car (Towmate makes the bar) when we tow.  We use a brake-buddy when we are in states that require brakes, and we lose the "standard" 1 mpg towing.

Really fun car to drive, and carries lots of stuff!

Regards, Holly

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111171
Hi, Sherry,

Congrats on getting that order in.  Now for the big question - which did you decide on, RB or MB?  Inquiring minds wanna know.

Ted H.

'05 RB  NE-13

@ Isaac Creek COE, AL

Hi Group, Well we took the step and ordered our LD, Sherry

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111173
Ted, We ordered the 27 MB and decided on the Modern design mostly due to the fact that their are no decals on it......We should get it by August and be on the road. We previously spent about 10 years as part timers and drove 130,000 miles . I guess it gets in your blood. Sherry, Twin Falls, Idaho

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111177
Chris, On the holiday rambler 5th wheel that we bought the decals were the first to show the age, so since we plan to keep it that was one of our thoughts. Plus we took a vote from all the younger people

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 111178
wrote: On the holiday rambler 5th wheel that we bought the decals were the first to show the age, so since we plan to keep it that was one of our thoughts.  Plus we took a vote from all the younger people in the family and they all chose the modern?  I like both.   Also I liked the new front of the Modern ( more areodynamic) and it has NO front windows.
--- If you chose the new paint scheme because you preferred it to the traditional, that's great; the choice is definitely a "YMMV" thing. But, just so potential buyers don't misinterpret (and maybe I've done just that!?) if by "decals" you mean the Lazy Daze logos, they're on *both* paint schemes, as are the re-designed front cap and the "no windows" feature; Lazy Daze eliminated the windows on the front of the overcab years ago. ???

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Classic vs Modern
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111180
I can not see any decals in the photos of the modern paint scheme as shown on the Lazy Daze site.
I thought I read here that where someone quoted Steve as saying the lack of decals would reduce labor hour in the paint shop.
 I thought I would like the elimination of the faux windows, but so far I don't.

Don & Dorothy Malpas An MB named KoKo and a Jeep named Pelli KoKo Mods Blog SE21, SC54, NW51
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 111181
Joan,
 I was going to point that out also. The Logos remain, the side decals and pinstripes around the painted swirls have been deleted from the new schemes

Edward Abrams