Skip to main content
Topic: looking for gently used LD (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
looking for gently used LD
Yahoo Message Number: 111049
I have been a member of this group for years and have attended a couple SELD get togethers. Then had a tree fall on me and was out of commision for a couple years. Friday I lost my cat of 19 1/2 years who had been requiring lots of care and my place is rented. I'm grieving horribly but totally free. I wonder if it's time for me to take the plunge and get an LD. I've forgotten how to find the info on sites to go to for pre owned LD's aside from the group site and rvtrader. Also are prices still down somewhat due to the economy? I noticed there were not many for sale right now on the LD site. I'm looking for a 23 1/2.
Thanks

Nancy

Re: looking for gently used LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111050
I would be interested to hear about this too. I haven't bought my LD yet (probably still a couple of months away from being able) - but it is always good to know where to go/ Also, when I do buy it - I am hoping to follow a group since it will be the first time for me to do this solo.

Thank you group for all of your helpful info!

Kim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111058
I have been watching and it seems that the number of LD's for sale has went down and the asking prices up. In fact some of the asking prices are such you would be better to buy new  for the  later models years. Also it doesn't look like the big purge of old files in the for sale area has continued. I bought a 2002 short class A last fall with 2800 yes two thousand eight hundred miles on it. So I can now be patient as I watch for a LD. I passed on one a couple of years ago that was a heck of a deal so I expect to have to wait a while for being so silly. The difference in prices between LD and other vehicles is pretty steep but I have seen no other make that has the beauty of the LD. And they all seem to want to put full time beds in a small unit.
 If you watch here regularly you will see quite a few leads to Craig's list units and even once in a while someone will post a location of where on is sitting with a for sale sign.
 There is no single simple answer or there wouldn't be so many of us looking.
I think this is the 4th or 5th time some has posted a want just this month..
 And always check Ebay though you may well want to only buy local and look over any Ebay unit closely.
 The best buys usually occur at dealers that don't see anything special about LD and some even see them negatively as they don't have a dealer support network. However very few units ever make it to a used dealer.
 Don't be totally fooled as LD's can have problems if water has managed to get past seams, they have the same appliances and chassis as other brands.
The coach is extremely  well built and no one else has the view they have from the big rear windows..

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111080
Nancy, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you'll adopt another one--they make great traveling companions.
 If you look in this group's Files area (blue text link at left of every page) and open the Buying & Selling folder, you'll find helpful documents such as "How do I shop for a used LD?", "RVs for Sale - Internet Sites," and "How to find a Lazy Daze online."

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"