Skip to main content
Topic: Our Microwave Gets Bored and Starts Beeping! (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Our Microwave Gets Bored and Starts Beeping!
Yahoo Message Number: 111042
Hello!
 About once a week our LD's microwave starts "beeping" using its normal "beep." Usually early morn. Like O-Dark-30
 Like "beep," or "beep, beep," or "beep, beep, beep, beep," then after a few seconds "beep" or "beep, beep, beep," whatever, etc.

It displays 77777 at the time. Entering a cook time stops it.
 Anyone else have this happen? A cure? Prayer and fasting?  Shock treatment?
 It might be our fault ;o) Kathleen's iMac chooses a photo at will for its desktop. It also apparently gets bored from time to time and if left to its own devices starts a random display of one photo after another. Turning the iMac off stops the latter... (Fortunately it hasn't decided to turn itself on and resume the show... Yet ;o)

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at www. LazyDazers.com     www. Bike70th.net
www. SMARTERyellowpages.com & www. ReformUSCongress.org

Re: Our Microwave Gets Bored and Starts Beeping!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111045
Paul, you might wanto to try Microwave Display Repair:

http://www.microwavedisplay.com/>
 They'll fix practically any microwave oven control board for forty bucks. I haven't used them myself, but they've gotten good reviews.

"Kathleen's iMac chooses a photo at will for its desktop."
 Just as in Windows, this is a behavior you can control. To stop the desktop image from changing, go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Desktop and uncheck Change Picture. Then choose a background you like from the extensive list at left in the dialog box.
 "It also apparently gets bored from time to time and if left to its own devices starts a random display of one photo after another."
 Again, this is under your control. Go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver and choose whatever screen saver you like.
 These settings are present on Windows PCs, of course; they just have different names on Macs. If you need help making the transition from Windows to Mac, I recommend David Pogue's "Switching to the Mac" book:

http://tinyurl.com/ycofkdu>

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111055
Paul, I wonder if there is a short or something that is making the microwave think it was unplugged. I know nothing about electronics, only that mine does this when it gets unplugged or the power goes out in that socket at home. Could the plug be coming loose, etc?

Denise... at home... wishing she was RVing

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111056
Obviously, aliens are at fault here.
I suggest, that you connect the microwave to the iMac on a full moon.
 You MIGHT be able to remove the cover over the touch pad and clean, with air, the pad.
Next stop, another $50 microwave.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111057
Blush...  You found  us out....  I have to fess up....

Connecting the two is what started it all ;o)

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at www. LazyDazers.com      www. Bike70th.net
www. SMARTERyellowpages.com & www. ReformUSCongress.org

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111064
Paul I have a Samsung microwave at home which woke me up two months ago by beeping.  When I checked it out, it was ON and had obviously been on for some time.  The surrounding wall and cupboards were very hot.  Now I keep the machine unplugged except when using.  I had a similar thing happen at my last house with a microwave and a toaster oven (different times but on same plug) and I thought maybe it was a power surge that affected either the socket, plugs or control mechanisms.  I did think it was a ghost for while .... just glad I was home in all cases to prevent fire.  Those cupboards were hot.

Cathy C.
1987 22ft LD MP "Don't be encumbered by history. Go off and do something wonderful." - Intel co-founder Robert Noyce