Skip to main content
Topic: contact info for the drawer maker? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
contact info for the drawer maker?
Yahoo Message Number: 111003
I have seen threads on this list about someone who makes drawer "toppers" that fit the kitchen drawers and slide back and forth, to give you 2 levels of storage in the drawer. Is that someone on this list who makes them, or can someone provide contact information for this person.

Thanks in advance,
Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Re: contact info for the drawer maker?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 111006
That was Paul Grinde of the Lazy Daze Caravan Club.   But I'm pretty sure that he has stopped making them.  And they could only be purchased for certa
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 111008
We have a 2000 MB and the inside drawer width of the kitchen drawer is 8-3/4 inches. We found that a Rubbermaid Small Cutlery Tray 13.5x9x1.7 fits very nicely for two level storage. Another number on the tray is L3-2919-PO-BMIST.
I had to glue a 1/4"x1/4"x17.5" strip of wood on inside each drawer, 1/4" down from the top to support the tray. I think it would work also if the strip was glued inside, even with the top of the drawer.
Dan Zoll

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111009
Hi Lee,

You sometimes have to strike while the iron is hot to get what you want.
 My understanding is that Paul Grinde no longer makes the trays. However, all is not lost, I have posted to KoKo's mods blog pictures of Paul's creation and an explanation of how you could go about making one for your rig.

Our best to you and Debbie.
 Here's the link: http://kokoandpelli.blogspot.com/ or just Google for KoKoandPelli

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 111010

"We found that a Rubbermaid Small Cutlery Tray 13.5x9x1.7 fits very nicely for two level storage.

Dan Zoll

Dan is correct! The Rubbermaid Part # is 2919, available in some hardware stores or online for less than $10. If you purchase a length of aluminum angle stock (½" x ¾") and cut two pieces approx. 7-8" long you can widen the cutlery tray just a smidge so that the angle stock slides on the top sides of the drawer. I fastened mine to either side of the tray, just under the lip (¾" dimension to the wall of the tray) with tiny bolts. Simple project, even a cave-man could do it. ;>}

Steve S.

Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!