Skip to main content
Topic: What types of insurance for LD (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
What types of insurance for LD
Yahoo Message Number: 110990
Hi My new-to-me 1987 LD MP is being delivered.  What types of insurance do I need?  Do I need same policy as my trucks?  Thanks for your help.

Cathy 1987MB

"Don't be encumbered by history. Go off and do something wonderful." - Intel co-founder Robert Noyce

Re: What types of insurance for LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110998
Cathy:
 We have a 1988 MP and just insured it through our auto insurance company. They asked for all the pertinate info on it and we had to send pictures and get it appraised. I thought the appraisal was odd but it may be because of the age.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110999
Shop your RV Insurance with companies other than your current car insurance company! Why?? Because...
 I originally insured my 94' LD 26.5' MB with Geico, (mistake, way too high) later went with a div of GMAC thru CampingWorld (cheaper, but later found it was still too high!)
 Finally ended up with RV America Insurance that saved me almost half of what I was paying... They specialize in insurance for the RV Industry.

RV-Insurance-Coverage. Com

Check out several but here is their #
1-800-400-0186 and they're even open on Saturdays! Just checked on mine as it's up for renewal and the yearly premium actually is lower than last year! Wow!

Ed 94' LD 26.5' MB Port Richey, FL

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111001
Catherine Ciofalo  wrote: My new-to-me 1987 LD MP is being delivered.  What types of insurance do I need? --- You might want to start with Miller Insurance, a broker with a good reputation for helping a customer match coverages to his/her particular needs.
 http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/products/rv/index.php 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home