Skip to main content
Topic: New Pantry photos posted (Read 19 times) previous topic - next topic
New Pantry photos posted
Yahoo Message Number: 110908
I just posted photos of a custom pantry I recently did.  Title "06 23.5 TK Pantry addition".  Let me know what you think?

Tim Pease

ExtraMileRV.com
909-228-8916

Re: New Pantry photos posted
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110914
The add-on pantry is one of the handiest upgrades that the owner of a TK can do. I love mine!   However, it has the same design as

Re: New Pantry photos posted
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110920
"the hinges are concealed, for a tidier 'stealth pantry' look"
 Looking at Tim's first photo ("Closed view from entry"), I can see six of the cupboard's eight hinges. Not that they look bad--but if anything, they're more visible than the hinges on Gertie's pantry, of which only the three hinge barrels are visible along one edge of the door.
 "[Unlike Gertie's pantry,] the shelves are mounted on brackets inside the pantry, which makes them more adjustable"
 Actually, both Gertie's and Skylark's pantries have adjustable shelves. Rather than using strip-type brackets that would reduce the interior space unless they were placed in routed channels, I drilled rows of 1/4" holes and used peg-type brackets that plug into those. More work, of course... but I didn't have a router, and this could be done with only a cordless drill and some patience. :-)
 Tim's design does have advantages over mine, though. First, he matched the rig's interior cabinetry perfectly, which I wasn't able to do. But more important, by mounting the shelves to the interior of the cupboard door, he made them face the kitchen--a nice touch that makes things easier for the cook.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"