Skip to main content
Topic: CA sales tax rates chart (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
CA sales tax rates chart
Yahoo Message Number: 110805
Just as a POI, these are the sales tax rates for all towns/cities/counties in CA as of April 1, 2010:
 http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/pdf/Pending_Rates.pdf

Google/Bing for your particular state's sales tax rate charts unless you're a resident of Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana, or Oregon.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

CA sales tax rates chart
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110816
WOW - way too expensive to live in CA. Yikes! Thanks for the info Joan.

Cindy 09 Silver FD

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: CA sales tax rates chart
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110820
WOW - way too expensive to live in CA. Yikes! Thanks for the info Joan.

Cindy 09 Silver FD
Just FYI, there are compensations for those of us who bought property here with the intention of not moving every few years - our property taxes are far lower than the national average. OT, of course.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110824
Yep, I used to live in LA County and benefited for many years under the old Howard Jarvis, Prop 13 property tax law. Stayed in that house for as long as I could just to keep my prop tax really low. But never had to pay 9% or more for sales tax though.

Cindy 09 Silver FD

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110835
Just as a POI, these are the sales tax rates for all towns/cities/counties in CA as of April 1, 2010:
 http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/pdf/Pending_Rates.pdf

Google/Bing for your particular state's sales tax rate charts unless you're a resident of Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana, or Oregon.

Joan
Sigh.  They don't look a whole lot different from the sales tax rates up here in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area.  8.7% at Costco last week.
Property tax is higher here, though, with no Prop 13 benefits.
Carol.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110838
Yes, BUT at least we don't have a state income tax.  At least not yet! Have to admit I'm holding my breath tho, as the nuts in Olympia don't seem to understand the concept of holding the line on spending.  Still, even tho the sales tax was a little lower here than Montclair when we bought, it was worth it to me to be the 1st (and so far only) driver of our new motorhome.

Rich Gort  2000 MB  Birch Bay, WA
Former 2000 MB- Now Bullet Crossfire 1800RB trailer pulled by a Chevy 2500HD