Skip to main content
Topic: Yahoo promises fix for search (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Yahoo promises fix for search
Yahoo Message Number: 110733
It's been broken for about a year (!), but ten days ago they announced this:

Update on message search issue

February 22, 2010 at 5:00 am
 Today, we're excited to announce that we've begun rolling out a fix for the long-standing message search bug. This fix will immediately benefit a majority of groups impacted by this problem. For the remaining groups, we'll continue moving them over to the new search system over the coming weeks.

Q: How will I know if my group has been moved over? A: Groups that have not been moved over will continue to see search results from as recent as March of 2009, until they're moved to the new system

Q: When do you plan to have the full migration complete? A: While we hope to have the full migration done as quickly as possible, we hope to have all of the remaining groups migrated over in the coming weeks. Once the migration process through, we'll update this blog post to let you know the migration process is complete.
 We know this migration took longer than anticipated but we're thrilled we've made it past this hurdle together and you're able to give the new search system a try.

Melissa Daniels &  Groups Team

Yeah, I'd say a year is a little longer than I'd expect the search capability of a billion-dollar web-based corporation to be broken... but heck, what do I know? I use Google search on my own "Travels" website, and it's never failed.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"