Skip to main content
Topic: Rear bath (Read 39 times) previous topic - next topic
Rear bath
Yahoo Message Number: 110473
Can any one tell me if the LD with the bath in the back is the most popular model? Getting ready to order a LD in the next couple of weeks and had planned to order the 26.5 Mid bath. Would sure appreciate any information that you could give us. Thank you, Carter and Sherry

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Rear bath
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110474
Can any one tell me if the LD with the bath in the back is the most popular model? Getting ready to order a LD in the next couple of weeks and had planned to order the 26.5 Mid bath. Would sure appreciate any information that you could give us. Thank you, Carter and Sherry
MB blue is ther most popular model I was told by LD

Joe Hamm

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110475
I've had them both... and liked them both... but have to say that I think the Mid-bath is more practical. Others will disagree. Of that I'm certain!
 We're awaiting our new 24FD and really feel this is going to be the best of all... at least for us (who are not full-timers).
 You will find that everyone is convinced that the one they own is the best of all. Historically, I believe the MB has been LD's biggest seller.

David Walker
Long Beach

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110476
In what ways?

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at www. LazyDazers.com www. Bike70th.net &
www. ReformUSCongress.org

I think the Mid-bath is more practical.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110481
Thank you so much David, We will be using the LD about 6 months out of the year or else we would be getting what you have ordered. The only reason that we did not go with that size is we were not sure that our bones could take the double bed and too old to crimb the ladder........ Sherry Kiser

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110482
N o problem. Just wanted to hear what was more practical about a MB over a RB.

No harm. No foul. Just wanted to read your thoughts on the issue.

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at www. LazyDazers.com www. Bike70th.net &

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110483
wrote:
 Can any one tell me if the LD with the bath in the back is the most popular model?� Getting ready to order a LD in the next couple of weeks and had planned to order the 26.5 Mid bath --- As I posted earlier (Joe Hamm did, too), the mid-bath is the "best selling" 27' floor plan. I'm wondering about the reasons behind your apparent concern over which floor plan is "the most popular"?  Does the sales rank/popularity of a particular floor plan matter if that plan works for *you*? If the most important purchase criterion is eventual re-sale value, I'd say that *any* of the plans will be able find a happy second (or third, or fourth) home.
 I realize that some, perhaps even many, buyers of new Lazy Dazes make their choices without visiting the factory and seeing as many models as there are in the showroom, but if a visit is at all feasible and there are models on the floor to see and compare (I suggest calling the factory to find out just what's currently on the floor), it's time well spent.  Quite a few buyers were set on a particular model before an "up close and personal" factory visit caused them to change their minds.
 The bottom line (for me, anyway) is that a model's "popularity" is relative; what works for one person is completely unsuitable for another.  Get the LD that fits *you* and in which you will enjoy traveling and living and the "future" will take care of itself! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110486
Joan, You are of course right about that and we do plan to go to the factory and see what we can see and then order... I have had replies to my mail and so appreciate the mail and hope that I am doing the correspondence with the site the right way as it is also new to me.  Thank you aga

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110487
We had a rear bath for ten years and loved it. Then we bought a rear kitchen model, which has essentially the same bath setup as the mid-bath model.

Frankly, I prefer the rear bath because it is considerably more roomy...more like a real "at home" bathroom. If I had it to do over, I'd probably hold out for that model, but we got such a great deal on the (used) rear kitchen that I can hardly complain. And I've learned to adapt to the small bathroom just fine.

Sonsie

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 110488
On Feb 26, 2010, at 4:12 PM, sherry reynolds wrote:

The same question that I am wondering and trying to find out before we order one
Hi Sherry,
 As somebody who bought a new mid-bath in 2009, I'll weigh in on this issue. My husband and I visited the Mothership two times before we made our decision and not only looked at all models on the floor but also had the chance to see a couple of other models along the way.

The rear bath is lovely, and the central living area seems very spacious. Lots of people absolutely love that model.
 We chose the mid bath because its features would work very well for us:

1) The wrap-around windows in the "bedroom/lounge" at the back are  wonderful. When we back into a scenic location and open those windows  for views and fresh air (day or night), it's pure bliss. Backed into  a scenic spot, even in a crowded park, we can close the side curtains  but leave the back window open and look out at the scenery, not at  the neighboring RVs.

2) The idea of having separate living spaces when we need them was
 important to us. I tend to be a night owl. If I can't get to sleep (or if I wake up during the night), I can leave my husband sleeping in the "bedroom", close the solid door to separate the spaces, and enjoy reading or working on my computer in the "dining room" until I'm ready to sleep. Flip side is... he can get up in the morning, close that same door, make his coffee and read in the "dining room" until I join him. Neither one of us bothers the other a bit.
 After we picked up our mid bath and started using it, I discovered a special bonus that I hadn't expected. When I'm about to take a shower, I close off the front living area with the solid door, close off the bedroom/lounge with the accordion door, and open the wardrobe doors. That gives me a private bathroom-dressing room with a space that seems just as big as the one in the rear bath. I really like that dressing space.

Everybody has different likes and dislikes in something like this, just as in houses or apartments. My advice is: pick the LD that works best for your lifestyle. Don't worry about resale.

Martha in Santa Fe

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 110489
A RB is even better than an "at home" bathroom.
 With the wardrobe door open to create the spacious RB, it even has a refrigerator! ;o)

best, paul

___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at
www. LazyDazers.com
www. Bike70th.net &

Frankly, I prefer the rear bath because it is considerably more

roomy...more like a real "at home" bathroom.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 110490
Thank you Sonsie, I am beginning to feel that any model would be wonderful but was a little apprehensive until I got some replies. We will go to the factory and take a peek to see which one for sure. Are you a full timer?  Sherry Kiser........Idaho

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 110492
Yes, we enjoyed the wrap-around windows in our MB.

But separate living spaces was the big reason we went with a MB.
 But now we love our RB and wonder what we were thinking by getting a MB.

Two things changed for us:

1. Between the MB and the RB we had a Foretravel. We enjoyed living in the  openness of the Foretravel.  After selling the Foretravel we assumed we  would get a MB. But after inspecting one for sale we were surprised and  dismayed at how confining it felt - and confused at where we should go - we  KNEW we wanted a LD.  Then someone mentioned that the RB has its own  panoramic windows in the living room. Plus, after the Foretravel the  openness of the RB was very attractive to us.

2. The Foretravel had a queen-sized bed in the rear. We did not look forward  to making up the MB super-king bed every night as we converted living room  into bedroom. Then we discovered we could sleep over the cab, and even  though we are 7 years older now don't understand why we never-before thought  we could sleep over the cab.
   I think a key point is whether a potential buyer of an LD plans to sleep  over the cab. This is the best use of a LD. It converts more of the 27 ft  into living space.
   If so, then other things become clearer. For example, since we sleep over  the cab in our RB, the dinette is as good a separate living space for one  that gets up in the night or gets up early..

Of course, as always, YMMV.
   When we decided to get a motor home a full-timing couple said to us,  "Remember, it's just your first motor home." We laughed, and thought,  "That's crazy, we'll never get another motor home."

Famous last words..... ;o)

Good luck in your quest. You cannot go wrong with a LD.
   And, if you're not already doing so, why not buy a used one?  I wished we  had. A LD is a very good product and well understood by many here. If you  listen to the advice available here about buying a used LD you cannot go  wrong.

best, paul  ___  'Thriving not Surviving'  See our websites at  www. LazyDazers.com  www. Bike70th.net &  www. ReformUSCongress.org

1) The wrap-around windows in the "bedroom/lounge" at the back are

wonderful.

2) The idea of having separate living spaces when we need them was
 important to us.

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 110493
wrote: In fact I have been there twice over the last few months and have not been able to see a completed RB or MB. Was told they might have something to look at in about 6 weeks, oh well.
--- You posted this "not much to see" information on a previous thread, right?  As I suggested in an answering post to Sherry, calling the factory before visiting to verify what's on the floor is a good idea; I agree that it would be very disappointing to make the trip and have only one or two models to look at/compare. :-(

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 110494
Martha, Thank you so much that was such good information. I have now been told to call the factory as they do not have very many if any models to see. That is a bummer because we were planning on driving there March 9TH.  Most likely will go because we are aware that we should get it ordered in time so that we would have it by November.  We plan to spend the Winter in San Diego so we can have time with Kids, grand-kids and great- grand-kids.  Martha, Have you guys experienced a 6 percent grade for about 15 minutes and if you have how did the LD do? Are you Full timers?  We plan to do our first year almost Full time and then slack off.  Thank you again, Sherry...........Idaho

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 110495
On Feb 26, 2010, at 6:27 PM, sherry reynolds wrote:

Martha,  Have you guys experienced a 6 percent grade for about 15 minutes and if you have how did the LD do?
Sherry, we have been on several 6 percent grades, both ascending and descending, not towing anything. I'm not sure about the 15 minutes, but certainly for at least 10 minutes at a stretch. Maybe 15...? We've had no problem at any time.

Are you Full timers?
No.

Martha

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 110496
You posted this "not much to see" information on a previous thread, right?  As I suggested in an answering post to Sherry, calling the factory before visiting to verify what's on the floor is a good idea; I agree that it would be very disappointing to make the trip and have only one or two models to look at/compare. :-(

Joan
Your right Joan, I did post that information on a previous thread awhile back. I think Sherry said she wants to order in a couple of weeks. Just passing on the time frame as to when she might be able to view a completed coach; as I just talked with Todd at the factory a few days ago.

Robert Britton

Hollister, California

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 110497
Sherry,
 We are in El Centro, CA - about 100+ miles East of San Diego (2 hours via I-8).
 Unfortunately,  we are leaving March 2 for Northern California until about April 7 when we'll be back in El Centro until late May.  You are sure welcome to come and see our MB. And even drive it.
 LD's with the V-10 do fine on 6% grade (LD 26.5 footers 1997 and later have a V-10) . We even took our MB up 26% (over Sonora Pass in Northern California)
 We full-timed in our MB. And will spend quite a bit of time in our RB this year until September or October. Certainly we'll be in our RB all of June, July and August.

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at
www. LazyDazers.com
www. Bike70th.net &

Martha,  Thank you so much that was such good information.  I have now been

told to call the factory as they do not have very many if any models to see.  That is a bummer because we were planning on driving there March 9TH.   Most likely will go because we are aware that we should get it ordered in time so that we would have it by November.   We plan to spend the Winter in San Diego so we can have time with Kids, grand-kids and great- grand-kids.   Martha,  Have you guys experienced a 6 percent grade for about 15 minutes and if you have how did the LD do?  Are you Full timers?   We plan to do our first year almost Full time and then slack off.   Thank you again,  Sherry...........Idaho

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 110498
Do you have a MB and RB? If so why full time in the MB and in the RB during the summer? Is the RB cooler?
 We full-timed in our MB. And will spend quite a bit of time in our RB this year until September or October. Certainly we'll be in our RB all of June, July and August.

best, paul

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 110500
Oh "WOW" Paul that is exactly the grade that had me worried as we will be doing that grade from El Centro to San DIego that I know so well as we had a place in Ocotillo for 7 years. That is so much off my mind after someone told me that they could only take that grade about 10 miles an hour in their motor home, NOT a LD however. Thank you so much !   Sherry

Re: Selecting a floor plan
Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 110502
Well, Sherry, let us know what you order.  You certainly will not be the 1st person to go to the factory and buy a floor plan/model other that what you thought you would buy.  I had a RB
Formerly: 2002 30' IB