Skip to main content
Topic: LD Spotting (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Spotting
Yahoo Message Number: 110374
Visited Picacho Peak State Park in AZ today and spotted a LD camping (can't remember the color) and what looked like a a green LD 27 footer checking in at the visitor's center.  Can't wait to pick ours up in March.

Cindy 2009 Silver FD

LD Spotting
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110453
My wife and I have been slowly heading west since Jan 17th. I thought I would start seeing a few by now (western Texas) Not yet.

Edward Abrams

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: LD Spotting
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 110456
We are typically disappointed in how few LD's we see on the road. Even in Southern California!

best, paul ___ 'Thriving not Surviving' See our websites at www. LazyDazers.com www. Bike70th.net &
www. ReformUSCongress.org

My wife and I have been slowly heading west since Jan 17th. I thought I would start seeing a few by now (western Texas) Not yet.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 111189
Hey Cindy, We won't be far behind you in picking up our new unit. We have already named it "Monty" after Monty Python's Flying Circus flicks that my wife, Elizabeth, was a big fan of. Our delivery date is April 14th @ 8:30AM. At noon we leave with the ICC driver for the I-10 AZ border. We have had a good laugh with Todd about all the spies. Next week we will be shipping some boxes of belongings to LD and carrying more in our Honda CRV when we drive there. We plan on getting to CA (Best Western @ Ontario Airport) the afternoon of April 12th. That gives us time to unload the car @ LD and visit with relatives in the area. When we pack the coach, it will then be "The Full Monty" (title of one of the movies). Once back in AZ we are planning to stay in the Superstition mountains near Apache Junction. Elizabeth's daughter & son are flying in to Phoenix to camp with us for a few days. After that we are going to wander about Arizona & New Mexico for a few weeks before returning to Florida later in May. We are hoping for a good wildflower bloom this year.
Once home, "Monty" will be going to nearby Lakeland for a set of Bigfoot leveling jacks, then back into my shop at the ranch for several additions/modifications such as power surge protection, inverter, water leak detectors, possible extra coach batteries for our mostly boondock camping. We seldom stay in private campgrounds. The more spacious remote public campgrounds are more to our liking (great scenic locations and hiking).
Mid summer we will be leaving bound for Newfoundland, Canada for our 30th(+/-)  trip there since 1984. Many friends there and spectacular scenery. Will probably spend at least a couple of months there (probably more) to make the cost of the ferry worthwhile.  After that we might wander the central US until a fall return to Florida. That should be a good workout for "The New Monty." We hope to hear more of your travels in your new unit.
Happy trails, Mike Coachman
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 111192
Hi Mike, Congratulations on getting your Monty......Since we just ordered one I am wondering how long it took for you to get yours? We are also thinking about getting Jacks put on ours, just seems to make sense.  We did tell them we were there to spy for you......Todd just laughed.........Sherry

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 111208
This would be a good opportunity for me to make a plug for the Delivery Times database.  It provides a great estimate of delivery times based upon actual figures submitted by buyers..if folks will make those entries.  Not many have lately.  So please, anyone who has ordered and/or taken delivery in the past few months, enter your data in the database.

Many thanks,

Ted H.

@ Millers Ferry COE, AL
 Since we just ordered one I am wondering how long it took for you to get yours?  Sherry

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 111237
I found the database to be very useful and have tried to update it when we took delivery of your rig.  However it appears that we cannot edit our entry I get this error "PythonError: "  So it appears that I cannot update the record.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Larry

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 111252
Larry,

If you want to email your info to me, as "owner" of that DB, I'll be happy to input it.

Ted H.

@ Millers Ferry COE, AL

wxtoad2 at gmail dot com

I found the database to be very useful and have tried to update it when we took delivery of your rig. However it appears that we cannot edit our entry I get this error "PythonError: " So it appears that I cannot update the record. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Larry

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 111443
I've been driving by this one house on the Lowell/Tyngsboro, MA stretch of Pawtucket Blvd. (113) every now and then for a few years now.  There's a ranch style house with a large (to me) RV parked out front.  Yesterday I actually looked at it for the first time and it's a large (maybe 30') teal colored LD!  Wow! Was it always there?  I have no idea now if they used to have something else or if that beautiful LD has been sitting quietly there all this time.
 It's funny how you don't actually see something until you develop an interest in it.  Like when you're considering purchasing a certain brand of car, suddenly there they are all over the place.

I wonder if the owner is in this group?

Karen -- still hoping to start "seriously" looking in May/June.

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 111464
Thanks, Barb.  I put my membership request in with nelazydazers this morning.  8-)  When the flooding threat lets up I'd love to talk with you about touring your LD.

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 111466
Speaking of spotting LDs, we passed a Lazy Daze yesterday heading east on I-10.  They were east of Quartzsite just before the small pass before the US-60 exit.  It was a blue LD with a rear bath (I didn't pay close enough attention to figure out whether it was the Front Lounge/Dinette or the Rear Bath).  It was an older rig on a Chevy chassis pulling a toad and had Colorado plates.

Anyone in this group?

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Linda Hylton

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 112278
Sherry & Carter, We have been on a great Southwestern trip since picking up our new coach April 14th. We have camped in the Superstition Mtns. AZ; The Cottonwood, AZ area; with friends in Albuquerque, NM; Bandolier Nat. Mon., NM; and now Roswell, NM. Love the coach. More interior room/storage/connivence  than our last coach. The two solar panels/Lifeline batteries have provided all the DC power we needed as we mostly dry camp and the gas furnace has kept us warm in sub-freezing nights. The new heat pump heats the interior very fast even in temps in the high 30's (when we had hookups or used the generator for a fast warm up). Only problem so far was a faulty sealed circuit board on the generator that shut down the engine when detecting high voltage spikes. Cummins/ Onan, Albuquerque replaced the board and no other problems AT ALL! Everything functions as they should. That is usually unheard of with a new coach. We will be on the road a few more weeks before returning to FL.
Have a good summer, Mike Coachman
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 112620
Maybe I should be too embarrassed to post this, because I can't remember the color!!!  But, last Tuesday 5/11/10 I spotted an LD entering Route 25 several exits north of Albuquerque.  I do remember the driver as a woman with short, dark brown hair.

Karen

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 112629
That would have been me.
 My name is Nancy McKenna and I've been lurking on this board for a year or more. About time I introduced myself, I guess.
 I'd been looking at RV's for a couple years, figuring out what would suit me best and lucked out

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 112732
"My name is Nancy McKenna... and I'm now in Santa Fe.

Nancy McKenna currently in Santa Fe, NM
Nancy
 If you like Mexican food like I like Mexican food you should try Tomasita's near the Santa Fe Railroad Depot. You won't be sorry!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: LD Spotting + Mexican Food
Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 112735
Steve (and Nancy):
 We recently spent a week in Santa Fe and tried not only Tomasita's, but also El Tecolote and The Pantry...hands down...The Pantry!

TinaP 2006 MB "Wild Thing"...ambling home to Maine from wintering in California...dodging tornados along the way
2006 MB

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 112741
Well, folks, Bernie and I are the proverbial "locals" in Santa Fe, and we eat great Mexican food here several times a week.
 Our top favorites for consistent top quality at reasonable prices (for Santa Fe), are:
 #1 Mucho Gusto (in a little commercial enclave right off Paseo de Peralta)
 #2 Los Potrillos (in a former Pizza Hut, red roof and all, on Cerrillos Road)
 #3 El Tesoro (a hole-in-the-wall joint in the Sanbusco center run by Salvadorans, but the food is great and close enough to Mexican to quality for this list)

You can't go wrong eating at any of those.

Here are a few others that we enjoy:

4. Santa Cafe (about 2 blocks from the Plaza... go there in the summer and sit outdoors!)
5. Casa Sena (one block from the Plaza... go there in the summer and sit outdoors!)
6. The Shed (one block from the Plaza, close by Casa Sena)
7. Cafe Atrisco (in DeVargas shopping ctr)
8. Los Amigos (Rodeo Rd)
9. Maria's (off Cordova Rd, right opposite Trader Joe's... known mostly for its margaritas, but the food's good enough, especially if you drink plenty of margaritas!)    And two that Tina mentioned: Tecolote ("The Owl") and The Pantry... both on Cerrillos Rd.

Sorry, Steve, but we "locals" don't go to Tomasitas any more. It's in every guide book, so it fills to overflowing with tourists, with loooooong waits to get in. The few times we've accompanied out of towners who *had* to go there, the service seemed rushed and sometimes rude. And we just don't find the food all that great. Success has spoiled it, especially now that the RailRunner drops its passenger loads right at Tomasita's door.

If you're on I-25 heading to or from Albuquerque, but just north of there, I highly recommend two places:  
1. The Range (in Bernaillo)  
2. El Pinto (take the Tramway Rd. exit west into bosque along the Rio Grande. Again... go in the summer when you can enjoy their wonderful garden dining areas.)

Hope this helps somebody find a great Mexican meal in Santa Fe!

Martha in Santa Fe... with Bernie and BluCon, (our 2009 MB)

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 112742
Sorry... I misspelled the town of "Bernalillo" in my note about The Range.

Martha