Skip to main content
Topic: Yahoo group applications (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Yahoo group applications
Yahoo Message Number: 110312
I am a member of another Yahoo! group that just set up some of the additional applications that are available to groups.  They seem pretty useful, taking into account of course still that we are talking about free stuff.  It looks like they are at least decently programmed and could take the place of several things that are currently done in files and databases in this group.
 One of these applications could standardize the way that RV sales are posted, and attach pictures directly, instead of having various types of documents and links that don't work sometimes, for instance.  The group that has started using this is especially enamored with the people map, which has a map with with pins to member's location ( as specific as you want to be ) and even a 'mini-blog' and pictures if you want.  Our group has the places map set up with a couple of entries so you can see an example:
 app/placesmap/view/map

Andy -- not trying to make more work for you!  But I think it is worth looking into these apps as a better way of organizing information and communicating among members than the current methods.  I'm not a moderator on a group so I don't know all that is offered with these applications, or any limitations that would make this less desirable.

David 2000 MB Edgewater, MD