Skip to main content
Topic: Replacement house batteries in San Diego (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Replacement house batteries in San Diego
Yahoo Message Number: 110271
"Does anyone have a suggestion on where I might go in the San  Diego area for purchase and installation of replacement Trojans?" I posted about 2 1/2 years ago about replacing my Trojan  Batteries (T-105's) with a pair of golf cart batteries from Costco. At the time  they were about $78 each. I think they may be about $85 now, but I haven't  checked.
There are a lot of Costco's around, one of the reasons I bought these  two.
(warranty) So far they seem to be doing at least as well as the  Trojans did. At about one half the price of t-105's, even if they were to last a  year or two less, I don't see that as a drawback. The Costco batteries were exactly the same size, the fill ports were the same (straight). I might also point out that batteries age from the start, losing capacity as they go. Most people don't notice the degradation until battery performance is substantially decreased. I would prefer cheaper batteries more often, than to  just stick to one brand because of some supposed benefit. Ron in San Diego, and Bluebelle a '99 TKB.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Replacement house batteries in San Diego
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110283
Ron,

I just bought new house batteries for my 2005 MB at:

American Battery 525 West Washington Escondido, CA 92025 (760) 746-8010
 They carry 3 brands of "golf cart" batteries:  Trojan, U.S. Battery and a name I cannot remember.  American was recommended to me by another LD owner.  They have a large warehouse full of batteries and seem to do a lot of commerical vehicle business.
 I replaced my T-105's with a U.S. Battery equivalent.  They were only a few dollars less than T-105's but appeared to have better warranty and more nationwide dealers.  I believe that the third brand they handle is less expensive than the U.S. Battery's.

When I searched for Trojan dealers