Skip to main content
Topic: Cracked Side Window (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Cracked Side Window
Yahoo Message Number: 110165
Here's a word to the wise if you are replacing window latches.  I did this recently to the driver's side sliding lounge area window, using a latch similar to the original.  However, the replacement had a longer screw than the original; nevertheless, I used it and a week later a crack began where the latch attaches to the window.  When I tightened the screw, it went into the side of the window glass ('02 30') and the pressure was too much.  It is now a curling foot long and I have had to duct tape it for security reasons.  I have a message into the Mothership to find out the tint level so I can order another from Hehr.
 Chris Horst - currently in wonderful 70*+ weather at Usery Mtn Reg. Park in Mesa, AZ
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Cracked Side Window
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110210
I have a message into the Mothership to find out the tint level so I can order another from Hehr.

Chris Horst - currently in wonderful 70*+ weather at Usery Mtn Reg. Park in Mesa, AZ
Hi Chris -
 Nagco Glass (909-623-3343) has the glass that matches my 1990 LD, they probably have the match for yours. Took about an hour for the replacement of Blues passenger side rear window (the big one). They are near the Mothership.
 Since you are at Usery Mtn Reg Park now, are you staying for the Lazy Daze Southwest meet there next week???

Lisa and Blue
2005 RB