Skip to main content
Topic: Front curtain backing (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
Front curtain backing
Yahoo Message Number: 110060
We have noticed that the front cab curtains have lost some of the backing. Especially at the creases of the pleats.

Anyone know of economical replacements or repairs?

Jim C

Re: Front curtain backing
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 110074
"We have noticed that the front cab curtains have lost some of the backing... Anyone know of economical replacements or repairs?"
 Jim, if you're talking about the curtains in the very front of the overcab, the factory doesn't even install those any more, since they serve no purpose. I took mine out and spackled the screw holes. Something to think about...

Andy Baird

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 110078
"JimC"  wrote:

We have noticed that the front cab curtains have lost some of the backing. Especially at the creases of the pleats.
Anyone know of economical replacements or repairs? ---

Jim, I think that you're referring to the track-sliding privacy curtains in the truck cab, right?  The "insulating" backing does get pretty cracked and scruffy-looking! I don't know the cost, but you might call the factory for the name of the company who makes these for LD and get a new set; use the original tie-backs. Or, if you're handy with a sewing machine, make replacements yourself out of any sturdy fabric; it doesn't have to be the same fabric type as the original, but it should be of similar weight and opacity so the replacement curtains will "accordian" correctly and also provide privacy, a little insulation, and light control. Use the original curtains as a pattern to make the replacements and slip the new ones onto the curtain pin hooks that are there now.
 You might also check with shops where you live which make curtains and draperies; they might be able to make the replacement curtains or give you the name(s)of an "entrepreneur" who could do the job.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 110081

You might also check with shops where you live which make curtains and draperies; they might be able to make the replacement curtains or give you the name(s)of an "entrepreneur" who could do the job.

Joan
The folks who make the front cab privacy curtains for Lazy Daze are:

Tom & Vernie

The company is "Creative Draperies" P.O. Box 5024 Norco, CA 92860 Phone - 951-735-2705

I've got a set on order right now for myself.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110084

Joan
The folks who make the front cab privacy curtains for Lazy Daze are:

Tom & Vernie

The company is "Creative Draperies" P.O. Box 5024 Norco, CA 92860 Phone - 951-735-2705

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110088
lejest2003  wrote: The folks who make the front cab privacy curtains for Lazy Daze are:

Tom & Vernie

--- Thanks for the information, Steve. Did you ask if they offered draperies made from a different fabric, or did you order "stock"? *If* you feel it's appropriate, would you post the price?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 110091

"Thanks for the information, Steve. Did you ask if they offered draperies made from a different fabric, or did you order "stock"? *If* you feel it's appropriate, would you post the price?"

Joan
Joan
 I asked for 'replacement' curtains, the same as LD uses. Their asking price was $100 plus tax and shipping.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110107
Jim:  You may want to consider replacing the sliding curtains with the Easy Curtain (see web site below).  I don't know if you remember seeing them on our rig at Hanna Park but they definitely block out the light from outside while at the same time opening up the front of the rig a bit.  Not difficult to put up or take down.

Bob and Kathy, SE5, Stuart, FL
 http://www.easycurtain.net/index.html

__

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110109
Robert Quinn  wrote: You may want to consider replacing the sliding curtains with the Easy Curtain (see web site below).
--- I looked at the photos on the Easy Curtain site and I can't tell how the bottom of the windshield curtain stays in place; does the curtain stay against the windshield with just the visors holding it in place  or does the curtain just drape more or less straight down from the visors onto the dashboard and away from the windshield?  And, is the color choice, "any color, so long as it's black"?  ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 110112
On Feb 14, 2010, at 4:47 PM, jctaylor1941 wrote:

does the curtain stay against the windshield with just the visors holding it in place  or does the curtain just drape more or less straight down from the visors onto the dashboard and away from the windshield?  And, is the color choice, "any color, so long as it's black"?  ;-)
Hi Joan, and any others, The Easy Curtain comes in a three-piece set:  one that is the width of the windshield that does indeed have pockets for the visor to fit, and then one each for each of the side windows.  Users can choose to tuck the windshield section snug against the windshield, or let it hang straight down if your prefer.  I prefer the latter so as not to impede the view from his majesty's roost on the dashboard!  I suppose if one lives in a colder-than-California-coastal climate, you'd say the heck with the cat and tuck the curtain snug against the window.
The windshield curtain has vertical velcro strips on each end to which you attach the side curtains then tuck them into the upper window "gutter" -- Open the window a smidgen, drape the side curtain 1/2" or so over the top of the window, close the window.  These too hang straight down.
 Since I just replaced my LD beat up cab drapes to the tune of $165.00 installed, and I want them to last another 7 years, I use the Easy Curtain almost exclusively now.

And yes, Easy Curtain's choice of color is black or midnight black!

Lorna Santa Cruz
 http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/
2003 RB

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 110114
On Feb 14, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Lorna Dunham wrote:

Users can choose to tuck the windshield section snug against the windshield, or let it hang straight down if your prefer.
I forgot just one little detail:  There's a nine-inch slit in the center of the front curtain so it can be slipped over the rear view mirror.  Thus, if you prefer to tuck the front curtain against the windshield rather than letting it hang loose, this helps make a neat fit.

Lorna
 http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/
2003 RB

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 110257
About the front curtain. My wife and I have been perplexed ever since we got our LD in November 2009.   The curtains hooks (pointy thingys) always stick out. It just doesn't seem right.
Also should the good side face out or in?   Ours faces in (as we bought it) and I think that is why many of our plastic slides are broken. They do not seem to hang naturally with the good side facing in.  It's a 2001 RK.

What say you all?

Edward Abrams

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]