Skip to main content
Topic: 2010 Lazy Daze Pictures (Read 20 times) previous topic - next topic
2010 Lazy Daze Pictures
Yahoo Message Number: 109994
I uploaded pictures of the cabover configuration on the new Lazy Daze cabover. I got so excited that I was actually downloading pictures for the first time that I made two copies of the same picture. Will try to do better next time.

Anne Johnson

Lovely La Verne, CA

Re: 2010 Lazy Daze Pictures
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109995
I rather like the new 'look' on the cabover.  Love the big white space....perfect to put a personalized decal or painting!

Helen

2010 Lazy Daze Pictures
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 109996
Now if they'd get rid of or at least redesign the "S" design element on the upper sides.

Neal

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 109997
wrote:
 Now if they'd get rid of or at least redesign the "S" design element on the upper sides.
--- The "S" design squiggle *IS* the redesigned graphics option; LD came up with this for the 2008 (and subsequent years) models.  ;-)

These photos from the Techsnoz site show the new graphics on a 30':

http://tinyurl.com/ylxy5gd

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 109999
Thank you for the pictures.  It looks like the faux windows are still there, just painted white.  I like the distinctive look of the LD.  The thing that say "LD" is the windows - hopefully there will always be lots of windows.

Dorothy '07 MB Koko SE 21

2007 MB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 110001
I was at the "Mothership" this afternoon to see the 2010 Floor model.  I asked Todd if I could take pictures and he said "Definitely not as we have not put them on the web site yet".  Later Steve walked through the showroom and saw my camera case on my belt.  He said "You are not taking pictures, are you?".  I said that I had asked and Todd said "No", so I respect your request.  When I am on someone else's property, I always ask permission before taking photographs.
 The LED Tail lights are two "oval" 22 LED Peterson Piranha with two small "oval" refectors.  The Backup light is a 16 diode white LED round 4 inch diameter light.  I put white LEDs back up lights on my 2001 and at night, the LEDs give me a "blank" image on the back-up monitor.  Maybe the camera has changed and the white LEDs will give an image at night now.  Now all the "Red" lights are to the outside so they are not hidden by the towed vehicle.  The rear panel is no longer "flat" but has some raised panels.  I like the old round lights upgraded to the 36 LED Peterson's, but that is my opinion for what it is worth.

Terry Tanner
Terry Apple
2013 RB 27 Baby Blue Bentley

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 110002
I was at the "Mothership" this afternoon to see the 2010 Floor model.  I asked Todd if I could take pictures and he said "Definitely not as we have not put them on the web site yet".  Later Steve walked through the showroom and saw my camera case on my belt.  He said "You are not taking pictures, are you?".  I said that I had asked and Todd said "No", so I respect your request.  When I am on someone else's property, I always ask permission before taking photographs.
========================== Terry: We walked in and there wasn't a soul to be seen. A woman walked out and we told her we were here to see the new LD.
When we left a man was in the "store" section (not Steve not Todd)K.C. had his big camera hanging around his neck for all the world to see. No comment was made other than "We like the changes."

Anne Johnson

Lovely La Verne, CA

2010 Lazy Daze Pictures
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 110003
We have lots more pictures that we could post but think we'll wait until they get around to putting them on the website. (hint, hint)

Anne Johnson

Lovely La Verne, CA

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 110006
Looking at the Mid-Bath interior picture, I note that the fridge doors look like the ones on my replacement fridge.  In my case a Dometic RM2662 was replaced by a Dometic M3762.  If the Mothership is using the later Dometic models, the fridge capacity specs should be reading 7 cubic feet for the non-31 foot floor-plans and 9 cubic feet fir the 31-foot models.

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 110007
---  wrote:
 Looking at the Mid-Bath interior picture, I note that the fridge doors look like the ones on my replacement fridge.  In my case a Dometic RM2662 was replaced by a Dometic M3762.  If the Mothership is using the later Dometic models, the fridge capacity specs should be reading 7 cubic feet for the non-31 foot floor-plans and 9 cubic feet fir the 31-foot models.
--- The only photos that I saw on the Lazy Daze website are of the 24' TK; did I miss something?  The photo page says that photos of other models are "coming soon".
 For those interested in 2010 model features, capacities, whatnot, do read the spec sheet carefully:
 http://www.lazydaze.com/FEATURES.PDF

For example, one of the changes mentioned in a post was that the flip-up counter extension had been replaced by a slide-out extension.  From the spec sheet, the slide-out is standard on the 24' models, but the flip-up counter extension is standard on the 27' and 31'.
 And, although the propane tank capacity for the 24' models is increased to 14 gallons, the 27' models *also* have the 14-gallon nominal capacity tank; the previous model years had 17-gallon tanks.
 I also suggest *verifying* the "numbers", i.e., fluid tank capacities for each model, with the factory; LD has made errors in their spec sheets in the past. For example, the black tank capacity number for the 2003 23.5' TK was listed at 24 gallons; it is actually *18* gallons. Lazy Daze did not change this incorrect number on the sheet until the 2005 model.  And, if one looks at the PDFs of the spec sheets for previous model years (see these on the Techsnoz site; thanks, Terry.), one sees that the listed grey and black tank capacities for the 23.5' models are all over the lot!
 If knowing accurate capacity specs are important considerations for model selection to match your RV "style", double-checking the numbers is a good idea! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 110010
 Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:27 AM
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Subject: [LD] Re: 2010 Lazy Daze Pictures

"I just checked and it is now on the web site."

It's not "traditional," but I like it! :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/

It's not traditional, and I don't like it!
 Lose the fake raised and strangely shaped windows along with the swoopy paint scheme. Organize the tail light placement and add a 3rd brake light.
 Admittedly these are just small things. If I was in the market for a new Class-C, it would be an LD

bumper

bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 110016
Joan,

The Mothership picture I was talking about us this one:
 http://www.lazydaze.com/images/lrgpics/lg06.jpg

The fridge door is partly cut off on the extreme right.  The picture is one of several on the Motherships "Photo Gallery" web page here:
 http://www.lazydaze.com/photogal.htm

Perhaps you need to "reload" the web page to see more photos.

Alex

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 110017
Alex Rutchka  wrote: The picture is one of several on the Motherships "Photo Gallery" web page here:
 http://www.lazydaze.com/photogal.htm

Perhaps you need to "reload" the web page to see more photos.
---- I saw all the photos; I wasn’t clear. ;-) All of the interior photos on the page are of 2009 models except for the pictured (exterior and interior) “show model” 2010 24’ TK.  There may be few, if any, differences in the interiors between 2009 and 2010 models (other than those already discussed, and I don’t if the refrigerator in the 2009s and the one in the 2010s is the same), but, AFAIK, other than the display 24’ TK, the interior photos on the LD website are of 2009 models.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 110021
On Feb 13, 2010, at 7:01 AM, jctaylor1941 wrote:

And, although the propane tank capacity for the 24' models is increased to 14 gallons, the 27' models *also* have the 14-gallon nominal capacity tank; the previous model years had 17-gallon tanks.
The sticky note (I depend on sticky notes!!) for tank sizes on my 2003 RB (27') reminds me it has a 17-gallon tank, but with the OPD, the net propane capacity is 13.6 gallons.  Perhaps LD has simply gone "realistic"??!

Lorna http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/
2003 RB

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 110022
Lorna Dunham  wrote: "...the net propane capacity is 13.6 gallons.  Perhaps LD has simply gone "realistic"??!" --- Whoops; they have, indeed! The spec sheet states: "Propane tank (maximum fill capacity)", and lists a capacity of 14 gallons for all models. On the spec sheets for previous model years, the propane tank capacities were always listed at 100% (what I meant by "nominal capacity" in a previous post) rather than the true maximum 80% fill. Thanks for clarifying that, Lorna! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 110049
Regarding those front windows, I wonder...

Basic engineering stuff here.  A flat sheet is not as strong as a surface with variation in depth or thickness (ridges, corrugations, etc).  A flat surface generates less wind drag than an uneven surface.  Those two principles generate conflicting design goals.
 Perhaps the "window" areas are there to provide enhanced stiffness to resist wind loading due to the "window" edges, while maintaining primarily a smooth surface?  My first thought when I looked at the photos was that the edges were placed very nearly where I would have placed reinforcing if I were the designer.

I emphasize that that is just a knee-jerk reaction.  Actual design considerations depend on the thickness and stiffness of the materials as well as the location of any internal support.

As to the look, I think I like it.

Ken F. in NM
'08 MB

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 110053
"Organize the tail light placement and add a 3rd brake light."
 I agree. Just for my own amusement, I mocked up a less cluttered arrangement in Photoshop and posted it to
 photos/album/1400976631/pic/856343040/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc>

or

http://tinyurl.com/y8l3bkp>
 My proposal doesn't include separate reflectors, which are probably required, and I didn't bother to put in the third brakelight, but they could be added without difficulty.
 Not that I expect the factory to change the lights to suit me, of course. ;-)

Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 110054
Andy,

Your proposed light design is much cleaner looking than what LD has done this year.  I like yours much better!

Helen

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 110055
"My proposal doesn't include separate reflectors, which are probably required,..."

Andy Baird
Andy
 In the 'for what it's worth column' when Terry Tanner installed my LED tail lights I recall that he said, because the state of Kalifornia deems the light from an LED arrangement "too narrow" they also require the reflectors as well. Next time you see a Tanner installation you'll also find reflector strips, usually on the rear bumper.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 110058
Speaking of a third brake light, I purchased a 6"x2" LED flush mounted  light and installed it in my tire cover on my 2000FL.  I wired it into the trailer power lines.  Works fine and the cost was $40..  It looks as though it was placed there by the factory.
Something I think adds to our safety.  Darryll in Blueboy.

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 110059
Thanks for the suggestions! I've added a third taillight to the mockup's spare tire cover, and a couple of full-width reflector strips to its bumper.
 (And thanks to Anne for the unauthorized use of her photo, which I shamelessly edited to create the mockup. :-)

Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 110067
Hi Andy,
 The "oval" lights could be turned 90 degrees so they would be vertical and side by side by side. This would be sort of like a "modern" version of the old round light traditional set up but I would put the backup light to the inside position.  The Ford chassis wiring is not set up for the separate yellow turn signal, but we can dream about it.

Terry Tanner
Terry Apple
2013 RB 27 Baby Blue Bentley