Skip to main content
Topic: Camera buff (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Camera buff
Yahoo Message Number: 109737
I am trying to remember who on this list has the great Flicker account where they use a close up lens with a styrofoam cup as a diffuser for the light.
They have a cute nickname for the device. I thought I bookmarked it, but can't find it. Thanks.

-- Shunpiker extrordinaire

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Camera buff
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109741
I am trying to remember who on this list has the great Flicker account where they use a close up lens with a styrofoam cup as a diffuser for the light.
They have a cute nickname for the device. I thought I bookmarked it, but can't find it. Thanks.

-- Shunpiker extrordinaire

Hi Brenda,

I'm the guilty party :-).

www.flickr.com/photos/photophool
 Over time, I've created lots of variants with different names. The latest version designed specifically for use with the Raynox DCR-250 aux close-up lens is the "GoPak-Rnx" made from a Nabisco hard plastic cookie cup. I'm eating a few mini-oreos from one of those cups even as I type.

The direct link to the "how-to" set for this version is:
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/photophool/sets/72157617716162794/

Also in this set are appx 70 example shots taken with the gizmo. At full zoom on a Canon S5, the actual area in the full frame is 2mm high x 3mm wide. That will fill the frame with the face of a bug.
 If you have any questions about how to make your own or how to get the most out of it and the Raynox DCR-250, just ask via email and I'll do my best to help.

George

ARBY the RB CURVY the CR-V

Currentlyy in Yuma for the duration of cold weather back east.

Re: Camera buff
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 109742
Thanks. I found it. I just love your close up photography. The colors and condensation droplets are fantastic. I like the Wed. quizzes. I wish I had your eye.
 I am getting ready to buy the Raynox DCR-250, and new that you had a great set up.