Skip to main content
Topic: RV community in Crossville, TN (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
RV community in Crossville, TN
Yahoo Message Number: 109521
This isn't directly LD related, but some LDers who are considering a new home base may be interested..
 While traveling between TX, where we lived, and New England, where our kids live, we stayed at campgrounds in the Crossville, TN, area several times.  When the time came to pick a place to retire, I did a lot of research before we decided to settle on Crossville.  We at first considered buying a house with an attached RV garage in a community called "The Gardens RV Village", in Crossville. It's a different type of RV community than those we looked at in TX, FL, and CA.
 We ultimately decided to buy a house without an RV garage in a different area of Crossville. The longer we're here, the more we enjoy living on the Cumberland Plateau. We have been very happy we chose to settle here. (And no, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce! ) Lorna did put some great photos of the area on her blog, though, in case anyone wants to check them out.
 http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com

The Gardens RV Village now has some videos on their website, so if anyone is interested, they can check out some of the residents and their homes.

www.gardensrvvillage.com

Sharon N.

Re: RV community in Crossville, TN
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109531
On Jan 27, 2010, at 10:56 PM, ladysibley wrote:

We at first considered buying a house with an attached RV garage in a community called "The Gardens RV Village", in Crossville. It's a different type of RV community than those we looked at in TX, FL, and CA. ...
The longer we're here, the more we enjoy living on the Cumberland Plateau. ...
The Gardens RV Village now has some videos on their website, so if anyone is interested, they can check out some of the residents and their homes.

www.gardensrvvillage.com

Ah shucks, thanks Sharon.  The Crossville photos are contained in my November 17, 2009 blog post.  And I'd like to chime in here about The Gardens in Crossville.  It is indeed a unique neighborhood, and the website gives visitors to it a mere glimpse of the community.  It is lush with water features, meandering streets at a variety of elevations, green, well-kept gardens and common areas and a generous choice of lot size and location.  The lots/home sites are ample and uncrowded with plenty of open space between.  It was really fun to see an entire neighborhood of homes with attached car and RV garages!
 I second Sharon's recommendation that if you are looking to retire or relocate to a more economical region, The Gardens is well worth a look-see.  I was impressed.  And the Cumberland Plateau is itself beautiful and interesting.  Hmmm is Tennessee on its way to becoming the new Arizona?!!

Lorna, Santa Cruz http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/
2003 RB