Skip to main content
Topic: Brazel's RV (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Brazel's RV
Yahoo Message Number: 109319
Hi,
 Has anybody had any work done at Brazel's RV in Centralia, WA?  Recommendations?

I need to get some work done on our 1997 RB.

Jim & Donna 1997 Teal RB

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Brazel's RV
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109322
Hi,

Has anybody had any work done at Brazel's RV in Centralia, WA? Recommendations?

Jim & Donna 1997 Teal RB
Hi Jim and Donna,

I haven't had the occasion to use them, being north .... I use Wescraft RV  (Fife, WA) for any repairs.  They are very good and 'do it right'.
 I recently had trouble with an inside leak - first  trip resulted in reducing the leak to a dribble....needed to go back,  and  the second visit found the source and corrected it.   (They also will listen to suggestions really well, and give point of view on any ideas.)

Cheers,

Helen

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 109323
Hi,

Has anybody had any work done at Brazel's RV in Centralia, WA? Recommendations?

Jim & Donna 1997 Teal RB
Hi Jim and Donna,

I haven't had the occasion to use them, being north .... I use Wescraft RV  (Fife, WA) for any repairs.  They are very good and 'do it right'.
 I recently had trouble with an inside leak - first  trip resulted in reducing the leak to a dribble....needed to go back,  and  the second visit found the source and corrected it.   (They also will listen to suggestions really well, and give point of view on any ideas.)

Cheers,

Helen

Cheers,
Helen

Firerose Papillons, Kent, WA http://firerosepapillons.net *Where happy Butterflies Work - obedience and therapy dogs*
 Puget Sound Rally Pals:  http://pugetsoundrallypals.com

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 109324
Hi Jim and Donna, I have no reservations about recommending Brazels, depending on what kind of work you need to have done.  Brazel's is a "performance shop," the northern "twin" of Henderson's in Oregon.  As a matter of fact, their techs were trained by Henderson's, and it was Henderson's that recommended Brazel's to me.  Brazel's installed my SafetySteer.

I believe their primary focus is on chassis suspension and performance systems, not general RV repairs.  Their customer service is outstanding.  (I was leaving family in the area, heading back to California, and they opened their shop on Thanksgiving weekend to make a minor adjustment on a new installation.)

http://www.brazelsrv.com/

Good luck,

Lorna Santa Cruz http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/
2003 RB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 109339
Thanks, Lorna!

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Lorna Dunham wrote:

Helen, AFAIK, Brazel's does do alignments.

Lorna http://uppity-woman.blogspot.com/

On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:27 AM, Helen wrote:

Hi Lorna,

Are they able to align the frame?
Helen and Lorna
 There is a world of difference between a 'frame alignment' and a 'wheel alignment'! Which one are we talking about here???

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 109345
lejest2003  wrote:
 There is a world of difference between a 'frame alignment' and a 'wheel alignment'! Which one are we talking about here??? --- I agree, and I think that this may be a case of "term misinterpretation".  It's true that shops often refer to "frame alignment" when they *really* mean providing services to correct any number of suspension and wheel alignment problems. Unless the actual *frame*/chassis rails under Helen's rig have been damaged, tweaked, or knocked out of alignment as a result of an accident or other mishap (or the actual frame was mis-aligned from the factory and the box built on a poorly-aligned chassis), I suspect that Helen may be referring to having one or more "suspension improvment" services done.
 Doing an actual *frame straightening* is a costly and complicated process, even on a small vehicle, and the complexity and cost of doing this on a motorhome chassis would be a deal-breaker, at least for me.  At that point, I'd head for a high cliff.
 Brazel's, Henderson's, and/or any competent, experienced shop, offer a full range of suspension and alignment services for various chassis, and they usually list and explain the reasons for (check their websites) the most commonly-needed services for "RVs". Both Brazel's and Henderson's (and other good shops) do a preliminary "check ride" to determine what the problems are and offer suggestions and recommendations for correcting these; YMMV, but I would never deal with a shop which just starts throwing parts at a suspected problem or recommending or performing services without actually verifying that said services are needed.
 An additional comment: with the exception of factory-installed Bilsteins, I drove my 2003 23.5' for about 5000 miles before I had Henderson's do the first 4/6 wheel alignment and install additional suspension improvements; the front and rear anti-sway bars and Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer have been well worth the investment in providing improved, stable, and secure handling and control in all kinds of roads and conditions. If I ordered another LD, I would add virtually the same products.

As always, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 109346
On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:06 PM, jctaylor1941 wrote:

lejest2003  wrote:
 There is a world of difference between a 'frame alignment' and a 'wheel alignment'! Which one are we talking about here??? --- snip
 An additional comment: with the exception of factory-installed Bilsteins, I drove my 2003 23.5' for about 5000 miles before I had Henderson's do the first 4/6 wheel alignment and install additional suspension improvements; the front and rear anti-sway bars and Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer have been well worth the investment in providing improved, stable, and secure handling and control in all kinds of roads and conditions. If I ordered another LD, I would add virtually the same products.

As always, YMMV.

Joan
My 1997 RB has the bigger sway bars and the bilsteins but lacks the steering stabilizer. Alignment is a maintenance item that I have not had done yet.  Changing the transmission fluid to synthetic is also something I want to do.
 I like the way it drives but this is my first 10,000 lb. plus vehicle.

Thanks for all the comments.

Jim & Donna 1997 Teal RB

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]