Skip to main content
Topic: Why We Didn't Buy A LD (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Why We Didn't Buy A LD
Yahoo Message Number: 109167
Hi Folks, I've been a lurker for some time and have benefitted tremendously from this site. It is by far one of the best around, no question. After a huge analysis we opted to not buy the best Class C on the market. A new 27' mid-bath had our attention, especially after our trip to the factory. Hands down, LD is the unbeatable standard in terms of quality and cost/benefit for C units. However, we finally opted to go the Class B route for utility and convenience issues for our planned touring in the next few years. We may revisit a LD purchase in the future if we go full time but for now the B is our preference. I wish Steve would move into the Sprinter based B market, LD could certainly dominate it if they did. Oddly enough, a high end B costs a bit more than a 27 LD, simply more proof of what a great deal LD represents. Hopefully we'll be happy with our decision, but I did want to express my appreciation to all of the LD community for sharing their invaluable insights and expertise. if you see 2010 silver Airstream Interstate waving at you down the road, its us. Safe and happy trails.

Why We Didn't Buy A LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109168
To each his own. Everybody recreates/travels differently. We are happy with our decision to buy a 2009 FD (show model) recently. We looked at some Class Bs in person and the Airstream Interstate online, and are happy with the 24 ft. length and and prefer a real bath in the LD as opposed to a wet bath. But everyone is different and I certainly wish you happy trails in your Airstream. Yes, as a fellow lurker, I have learned quite a bit from this group too.

2009 Silver FD former Sportsmobile owner

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Why We Didn't Buy A LD
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 109169
" Hi Folks, I've been a lurker for some time and have benefitted tremendously from this site. It is by far one of the best around, no question. After a huge analysis we opted to not buy the best Class C on the market. A new 27' mid-bath had our attention, especially after our trip to the factory. Hands down, LD is the unbeatable standard in terms of quality and cost/benefit for C units. However, we finally opted to go the Class B route for utility and convenience issues for our planned touring in the next few years. We may revisit a LD purchase in the future if we go full time but for now the B is our preference. I wish Steve would move into the Sprinter based B market, LD could certainly dominate it if they did. Oddly enough, a high end B costs a bit more than a 27 LD, simply more proof of what a great deal LD represents. Hopefully we'll be happy with our decision, but I did want to express my appreciation to all of the LD community for sharing their invaluable insights and expertise. if you see 2010 silver Airstream Interstate waving at you down the road, its us. Safe and happy trails."
Thanks for the kind words, Pilgrim.  Give us a report on the Airstream Interstate after you've traveled in it for a while.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Why We Didn't Buy A LD
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 109170
"...if you see 2010 silver Airstream Interstate waving at you down the road, its us. Safe and happy trails."

"Thanks for the kind words, Pilgrim.  Give us a report on the Airstream Interstate after you've traveled in it for a while."

Chris
And if you want to see what an Airstream Interstate looks like, here's a clip...
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ZLF7NVoe4
Formerly: 2002 30' IB