Skip to main content
Topic: BBQs (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
BBQs
Yahoo Message Number: 109146
Just wondering...has anyone used the CADAC BBQ (with all the acc.)?  I know it is not the season to find many BBQs in stores to actually see them in person, so I was wondering how they would do in an LD, size-wise.
Thanks!!!

Judy Wms.

Blue '07 RB  "Dog Daze"

White '9 Scion  "Puppy Daze"

And all the fur kids

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: BBQs
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 109157
Interesting that you bring up grills.  I use a Weber Go-Anywhere grill only because I can't find another grill that fits into the RB bins.  Oh, I could give up the largest b
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 109160
Interesting that you bring up grills.  I use a Weber Go-Anywhere grill only because I can't find another grill that fits into the RB bins.  Oh, I could give up the largest bin for a Weber Q100 but it is heavy to lift in and out of a low bin.  I'd love to find a small grill of better quality that the Go-Anywhere too.
We have been using that grill for years now, and even THAT will not fit in our old FL without disassembly. At first that annoyed me, but it turns out the only part I need to unbolt is the burner, and that is a single wingnut. Compared to the charcoal BBQ we used before, which required NO unbolting of anything, it is still far less hassle not having to wait for the coals to cool, then dumping them, or going through the whole procedure of getting the coals ready in the first place. Since we are vacation camping anyway, spending 15 min or less assembling and disassembling as we change locales is completely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 109161
"Judy Williams"  wrote:

Just wondering...has anyone used the CADAC BBQ (with all the acc.)? --- I haven’t used one of these, but the website (http://www.cadacnorthamerica.com/cadac_grills.html) shows several models/configurations; are you referring to the Safari Grill?
 JMHO, but if I didn’t always use my old “Pyromid” (no longer manufactured), I’d find a place in a compartment for the Weber “Go Anywhere” grill (charcoal or gas); simple, inexpensive, “packable”, and functional.
 I wonder how many people who buy a multi-function, multi-part grill like the Cadac or another end up using most or all of the features?  I know that I wouldn’t, but YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 109165
I guess I am a cheap skate.  I buy the small gas grill at Wal-Mart, about 20 bucks (they went up a couple bucks last year) and after a season or two, just toss it
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)