Skip to main content
Topic: Happy New Year, everyone! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Happy New Year, everyone!
Yahoo Message Number: 108868
Nearly ten years ago--before I even owned an RV--this group was founded by those older and wiser than I. Since then, it's become a source of information and friendship for me and thousands of other LD owners and would-be owners. I count myself exceptionally lucky to have have had the benefit of all your advice and good company for all those years. May the next ten years bring continued happy travels to all of us! :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Happy New Year, everyone!
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 108877
And Happy New Year to you, Andy.  Keep up the great and enjoyable (to us) work you do.  Thanks again!!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
2006 27' MidBath

Electronics power question
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 108880
I'm building in a little computer for keeping in touch on the road. Motherboard, CPU, and an SSD hard drive. Probably a candidate for a 200watt power supply. I want to minimize the battery drain, and I have learned that an intuitive approach to electronics is often wrong.
 My question: with the same components "downstream", will a 200 watt power supply put less drain on the batteries than a 500 watt PS?

Re: Happy New Year, everyone!
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 108881
And a Happy Binary Day to you computer geeks (1101). I guess the next one will be 11101 and then two more in January of 2011. After that our descendants will have to wait until 2101 (by which time I'd be 168!).

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 108882
Right back at you, Andy. You and all your other, to borrow from Dorthy Parker, Constant Readers, do so much for the rest of us we are truly blessed. Thank to all and happy New Year.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 108883
To the LD family,
 Happy New Year.  Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010.

Dorothy Malpas
in cold Alabama
MB Koko
Toad Pelli
2007 MB

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 108901
New Years Day is the day your local fire department probably suggests as a good day to change the batteries in all your battery operated alarms.

Ed

Re: Electronics power question
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 108966
I'm building in a little computer for keeping in touch on the road. Motherboard, CPU, and an SSD hard drive. Probably a candidate for a 200watt power supply. I want to minimize the battery drain, and I have learned that an intuitive approach to electronics is often wrong.
 My question: with the same components "downstream", will a 200 watt power supply put less drain on the batteries than a 500 watt PS?

Way OT, but are you building your own ps to run from 12V, or using an inverter? If the former, you should know the answer, if the latter - then the most power-efficient solution is a small laptop or even a netbook.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit