Skip to main content
Topic: Storage area for another length of a stinky slinky (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic
Storage area for another length of a stinky slinky
Yahoo Message Number: 108806
This past summer, I worked at Yellowstone National Park.  Whoever designed the sites for the staff there, has never used an RV.  All of the connections are on the passenger side of the the RV.  Luckily, I had fifty feet of water hose and a large, heavy duty electric extension cord. The connection for the sewer was a good forty feet from the LD dump valves.  I had a 25 foot sewer house.  As it was a "press fit" type of house, another section was not easily available, not a lot of RV supply paces out there.  I did have a macerator, so I got over that hurtle.  However, this was not an ideal solution.  I got another 25 feet of press fit hose at CW in anticipation of returning next summer.  I know that 50 feet of sewer hose will not fit in the 27 MB sewer hose holder.  My question is where have any of you added extra storage for another length of sewer hose.

Thanks,

Larry in South Texas
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Re: Storage area for another length of a stinky slinky
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108807
"All of the connections are on the passenger side of the the RV."
 That depends on how you park. This may be a dumb question, but was there a reason you couldn't face the rig in the other direction, so the connections would be on the desired side?
 "As it was a 'press fit' type of hose, another section was not easily available"
 Hose-to-hose couplers such as Camco's $7.97 #39163 (http://tinyurl.com/yb7lvap>) are available from lots of internet retailers. I carry a spare 25' sewer hose (still in box) and a coupler of this type, in case I ever run into a situation where it's necessary to extend my standard 10' hose by joining it to the longer one.

"not a lot of RV supply places out there."
 You can order one of these couplers and have it delivered to you in care of the visitor center at the park where you're staying. UPS will deliver to most state and national parks. You don't have to be limited by the fact that there's no RV store nearby. :-)
 "My question is where have any of you added extra storage for another length of sewer hose."
 I'd suggest getting a length of irrigation hose--the same type Lazy Daze uses to store the standard sewer hose, but longer--and fastening it beneath the coach.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108808
My question is where have any of you added extra storage for another length of sewer hose.
Larry,
 A good place to mount a holder for the slinky is in the V formed by the skids on the back.  For a picture, go to photos and look at the Yonder album.  Bumper has a photo of one he made.  I store my extra hose in the same spot but use a carrier I bought on sale at Camping World.  A couple of long hose/vent clamps like they use for air conditioning ducts hold it in place.

Monti

Monument, CO

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 108810
Andy, I was working at Madison campground at YNP.  All of the loops
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 108811
"I was working at Madison campground at YNP.  All of the loops in the campground are one way."
 Gotcha. In situations like that, I normally back in, but it sounds as if that option wasn't practical. Too bad the designers of the utility hookups weren't smarter.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 108812
" Too bad the designers of the utility hookups weren't smarter."

Somebody in Washington drawing lines on a map............
Too bad they messed up a National Park campground, but not the worst thing that ever came from that source.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 108813
Andy, to be frank about it, the campground was not designed to have the number of people, both Park Service and Xanterra concessionaire, hooked up.  They, the Park Service, took the easy route so that they would not have to tear up the road and RV spaces to put the hookups on the drivers side.  But it is a workable problem and what I gained from being there far out weighted the little issues like this.

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 108848
Although I have not tried it, and if you were taking it in and out frequently it would be inconvenient, however there is an outside place that would accommodate the hose. That would be in the fake tire holder in the back.

David and Verna 2004 26.5 MB (Spokane)

__ My question is where have any of you added extra storage for another length of sewer hose.

Thanks,

Larry in South Texas

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]