Skip to main content
Topic: A Really Decent Guy: Tim Pease (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
A Really Decent Guy: Tim Pease
Yahoo Message Number: 108670
Most of you have heard about Tim Pease, Extra Mile RV service, so what I'm reporting isn't anything new, but I wanted everyone to know what a decent guy he is.  A month ago, Tim installed lights in our '04 RB, did a bit of caulking work on the body and inspected the roof.  His report on the roof was that all was well and although there was a small bit of wear, which he caulked, we were good to go.
 Subsequently we had and have an intermittent issue with our fridge.  Sometimes it won't light on propane so we took it to CalWestern RV repair.  I asked them to install a MaxAir on the center vent.  The upshot was that they inspected the roof and told me that he really needed a complete reseal and sent me photos to prove their point.  So in my confusion since Tim had said it was okay and CalWestern said it wasn't I called Tim and asked him what he thought.  The next day he came back down to Long Beach, inspected it again, and said that it was a-ok, that the paint over the seams had some wear but we were just fine.  I wanted to pay him for his time but he absolutely refused any payment.  He wanted to stand by his word and wanted to make sure he hadn't missed anything the first time.  (While I don't think CalWestern was trying to drum up business, they don't have the same experience with LDs that Tim does and I would recommend them for other work.)
 That is what I want in a business relationship with a vendor or a repair person: integrity.  So here's another recommendation for Tim, a repair person who stands by their work.  Kind of refreshing in this day and age.

Off for a week jaunt to the desert,

Jules
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Re: A Really Decent Guy: Tim Pease
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108671
I agree that Tim is a great guy to call for repairs or modifications to one's Lazy Daze. When I called the Lazy Daze office asking about placing a canoe/kayak rack on top of our LD they said..."don't put anything on top". So we called Tim and asked what he thought. Long story short, we have had our rack for over two years now and kayaking has become a central theme in our travels with our LD. I echo he's great to work with and a man of integrity.

Happy Holidays to all,  David (1998 LD MB)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108672
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Tim Pease and extra mile RV service. Where is he located? He sounds like the kind of guy I would want working on my LD! Hard to find and good as gold. Dalle from Downey.

__ From: David Roderick davidmichael3639@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Sun, December 20, 2009 11:06:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [LD] A Really Decent Guy: Tim Pease

I agree that Tim is a great guy to call for repairs or modifications to one's Lazy Daze. When I called the Lazy Daze office asking about placing a canoe/kayak rack on top of our LD they said..."don' t put anything on top". So we called Tim and asked what he thought. Long story short, we have had our rack for over two years now and kayaking has become a central theme in our travels with our LD. I echo he's great to work with and a man of integrity.

Happy Holidays to all,  David (1998 LD MB)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 108673
"I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Tim Pease and extra mile RV service. Where is he located?"
Dale from Downey.

Dale

Rancho Cucamunga! Google his Extra Mile web site.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Rogue A's with Circumflexes in Messages
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 108679
Am I the only one who sees the rogue A's with a circumflex over them
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: Rogue A's with Circumflexes in Messages
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 108680
"Am I the only one who sees the rogue A's with a circumflex over them in David's message below?"
 No, I see 'em too. Pretty distracting. Folks, you might want to try setting your email programs to plain text.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 108695

Chris,
 This, unfortunately, is a plague that we can't do much about. It's Yahoo, in this particular case (and Yahoo is not unique with this problem) that's causing the problem.

Try this:
 In Firefox, click View in the main menu bar. You should see an item called Character Encoding. Select Unicode(UTF-8) and see if the problem doesn't go away. It did for me.
 If you're using MS Internet Explorer, pull down View, then select Encoding, then More and then Unicode(UTF-8). Once again the problem disappears.
 Regrettably, the website sets the coding and the only way to correct it is to do it manually as described above.

Paul NE 50 Paul, that worked.  Thanks a lot!
Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 108709
Interesting observations regarding the rogue A's. On my computer I don't see any, before or after I type a message. But I will try the plain text just to see if any change occurs. Thanks for the heads up. Yes! They are distracting.

David

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 108752
The "rogue" characters in e-mails and newsgroup messages are a result of the "Microsoft vs. the rest of the world" on -going urinating contest.
 They're all over the place. When I go onto Seattle Times, Seattle PI, UK Daily Telegraph, UK The Guardian and many other sites, these rogue characters pop up.
 It's really a problem with how the word processor used by the message's originator handles some of the less common characters. They all have a code in ASCII, but many of the word processor designers chose not to use them for unusual characters and so you get those weird strings.
 For an example. I'll put the sign in here for the UK pound, "£", which is ASCII "alt0163". I found out by accident that you have to use the numeric keypad for the digits, as the row of numbers across the keyboard have different ASCII identifiers.
 It will be interesting to see how many of you actually saw the "pound" sign and how many got another "rogue".